Talk

Advanced search

Total new wardrobe needed - please comment on my choices

(52 Posts)
SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:20:53

I never know how to start my plea on here - Hi everyone, your advice on here always looks good so I hereby throw myself at your mercy or just please and here goes?? Anyway, will stop my babbling. Here is my predicament:

I need lots of new clothes for as little money as possible, and has browsed as much as possible. I've come across the Peacocks website - has anyone ever bought anything there? If they are relatively ok, I'd like to buy there as it's so cheap.

Here are my 18 favorite choices - please tell me what you think.

I'm size 12/14 (14 hips), D or DD chest (really need to get measured again after I've stopped bf-ing!), light skin, dark hair and desperate.

Thanks.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:24:57

You have linked to an empty basket/

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:28:05

Oh no, I was afraid that'll happen! blush Sorry, let me try again - maybe I need to do it bit by bit? Thanks.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:31:25

It has never ever occured to me to shop at peacocks but some of the clothes look quite nice.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:33:52

black and white chiffon dress
Striped corsage polo neck top
Black suit trousers
Patent shoe boot
Suit jacket
Lace shift dress
Beads

(Will continue on next post)

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:35:54

Are these for work, going out? Have you tried the shoes on, I often find cheaper shoes very uncomfottable.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:37:01

The first dress is nice, the polo neck is also nice but not on a DD chest. Am not sure about the lace shift dress. The suit looks a nice shape.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:38:04

I bet this dress would look nice on your figure

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:38:56

pencil skirt is a must for work

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:41:53

Grey bag
Casual dress
Beaded scoop neck dress
black peep-toe heels
Stripe jumper - although not sure about this one
Yello jumper - now I think this is ugly, so might delete from basket
Purple trainers
Grey high-waisted trousers
Cream roll-neck
Then black leggings and silver beads.

I need to buy a lot of things that can be mixed and matched, as I currently feel that I've got a couple of nice things, but which I can't wear often.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:45:54

you can't do that roll neck with dd boobs

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:47:14

I liked that dress too, but wasn't sure as my arms not very (ok, probably not at all) toned at the moment. Hmm, it might be ok, and it is something that I'd be able to do a lot with I guess.

Love the red pencil skirt, but they don't have my size.

Re the shoes. I know you're probably right, but was trying to persuade myself that they might be brilliant shoes which is for some unknown reason sold at crazy prices... Hmm, am fussy about comfort, so will delete these. I've got no idea where a Peacocks store is, so might stick to clothes online and shoes in real life.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:49:45

ok. so skip shoes and roll necks, add the black dress. i'm too fat for the black-and-white stipe top thing, aren't i? (know i am really, but am sure I read this week that they had it all wrong wink)

O yes, and almost forgot. Mix home and work really. I'm not working now, but will probably start again in December or January, and then I'll need to be reasonably formal.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:50:33

I have a dress a similar shape and am bigger than you so would imagine my arms are worse than yours . People only really notice my boobs in it so I get lots of compliments.

Can you not go to a tk maxx for shoes.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:51:57

Was the black and white a horizontal stripe? You should avoid horizontal stripes unless you have a perfect figure. I would love your figure though.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:52:38

You want a scoop, square or v neck line really.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:55:10

grin Ok, then I'm getting that dress.

Yes, there is one near me, I guess I can go and try some on. I hate shopping but guess this is unavoidable.

If I skip the budget thing on shoes (possibly going for only one casual and one pair of heels then, as I have decent enough black ones already I guess) - Clarks best for comfort while looking ok enough? I realise TK Maxx makes more sense, but there's always so much and everything's so messed up and then I lose interest.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:57:26

Clarks is quite expensive, is there anywhere with sales on near you. My local Monsoon had a sale on today when I was in town.

Marks and spencer can be very reasonable for shoes.

You have to be in the mood for TK Maxx I have not been for ages and I used to go all the time.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 01:57:54

oh yes, and meant to ask - the "lace" dress - does it look a bit tacky?

And yes, horizontal stripes, so that's deleted then. This will work out even cheaper than anticipated! smile

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 01:58:53

I preferred the beaded scoop dress.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 02:00:59

I've bought Monsoon shoes before and found them really uncomfortable, so kind of scared to go back there. M&S good idea though, I always forget about them but have bought some nice shoes there last year.

Might go to Blue Water tomorrow and see what's available.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 02:02:48

I've bought Monsoon shoes before and found them really uncomfortable, so kind of scared to go back there. M&S good idea though, I always forget about them but have bought some nice shoes there last year.

Might go to Blue Water tomorrow and see what's available.

twinsetandpearls Sun 05-Oct-08 02:03:01

M and S is often underrated and they do some nice shoes.

I have had to buy a size bigger in monsoon shoes a few times.

SalLikesCoffee Sun 05-Oct-08 02:04:36

Hmm, sorry about double post there.

Ok, lace deleted, black one added.

Thanks so much, hope to speak to you again tomorrow - dh nagging me to come to bed, so will be back tomorrow.

FairyMum Sun 05-Oct-08 09:19:17

I think shopping in Peacocks is false economy. I would get fewer pieces, but longer lasting. I think shop like Next is 100 times nicer than peacocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now