Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Anyone had laser hair removal?

(11 Posts)
Spaceman Sat 04-Oct-08 22:54:47

I'm having my bikini line permanently removed via laser. I had my third appointment yesterday and it really effing hurt - more than the first two. I've booked six treatments. Can anyone tell me if it gets more painful. I'm dreading going back.

Spaceman Sat 04-Oct-08 23:03:50

bump

wonderstuff Sat 04-Oct-08 23:06:20

I want to do this, watching with interest..
Did the first appt hurt?

brimfull Sat 04-Oct-08 23:33:44

how many appts will you need?

mabanana Sat 04-Oct-08 23:34:50

I hate to tell you this...but mine grew back! I probably didn't have enough appointments, but it was very disappointing.

Spaceman Sat 04-Oct-08 23:39:21

No, the first appointment was okay. The second was bearable, then the third was OUCH LADY!!!

I have six booked - aparently that is enough to get rid of it for good.

Mabanbana - gutted yours grew back. How many apps did you have? I've heard really good things about it but you do have to have six at least. Also what type of laser treatment did you have?

cornsilk Sat 04-Oct-08 23:57:07

yes - it really, really hurts

abouteve Sat 04-Oct-08 23:59:42

Is it IPL? I've had it done for veins it didn't hurt much at all, however it didn't improve the broken veins either.

So is it a waste of money for hair removal then?

Spaceman Sun 05-Oct-08 00:00:16

NO WAY! Are you serious? You've got me frightened now. They didn't mention this when I was signing away £425.

Spaceman Sun 05-Oct-08 00:01:17

Yes it is IPL. Oh shite I may just not go back.

cornsilk Sun 05-Oct-08 00:15:40

you will be okay - make sure you take strong painkillers about 30 mins before you go - takes the edge of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: