Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheap Maternity Clothes?

(10 Posts)
TinkerBellesMum Fri 03-Oct-08 22:50:24

This was going to be asking if anyone knows what has happened to ASDA maternity, but just Googled and found they stopped doing them nearly two years ago. So now I need to know if there is anywhere I can get cheap maternity clothes from because I really can't afford some of the big names at the moment. I'm particularly desperate for a coat and I don't want to use my old fall back of men's wear, I'm 5'9", have wide hips and big breasts so tend to look rather frumpy normally anyway so would like to wear maternity clothes when pregnant and at least try to look feminine!

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 03-Oct-08 22:53:09

H&M, Topshop, or ebay?

Oooor, there are loads of tulip shaped coats in shops at the minute that would probably accomodate a bump.

TinkerBellesMum Fri 03-Oct-08 23:16:01

Topshop is more than JoJo. The problem I have at the moment is I'm not even able to spend £20 on a maternity belt, my physio has suggested I see if my GP or MW can get me a tubigrip which isn't as good but will help. I was going to go up to ASDA tomorrow and try to get something, but then found out they stopped doing maternity ages ago.

Miyazaki Fri 03-Oct-08 23:54:36

H&M, Dorothy Perkins - New Look, online too I think

Post an ask on Freecycle?

TheDevilWearsPrimark Sat 04-Oct-08 00:17:54

Yeah freecycle is a good idea.

What size are you tink, I've got a few bits from size 8 -12 (spot the weight gain that never fell off from one preg to another, haha) that I'll never use again.

bikerunski Sat 04-Oct-08 10:14:19

Peacocks - on line I think too. V cheap.

I got a "Swing" coat from Primark last winter before I was pg, but wore it until I was about 7 months pg.

Freecycle and Ebay worked for me.

Pendulum Sat 04-Oct-08 13:41:36

Ebay is your best bet.

I initially bought all my mat clothes new from Jojo etc, then needed some bigger pieces for my last month or so.

Went on ebay to explore and got some fab stuff. Generally it hasn't been worn for long enough to be in bad condition.

I later sold it all again and really felt that people were getting bargains, some of the clothes were as new.

If I were pregnant again then I wouldn't spend a penny on new stuff.

chunkybutt Sat 04-Oct-08 13:46:23

hi, both times ive been pregnant ive gone to dorothy perkins. their clothes are so comfortable and affordable and they always have sales on the maternity section

TinkerBellesMum Sat 04-Oct-08 23:50:05

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going into town with Mum tomorrow, hoping that Peacocks have some - someone replied to me on Freecycle saying try there too. I think I'm going to have to just go for it because we need to prioritise and a coat and maternity belt are important.

I'm getting really annoyed at the moment because he's giving his ex the three child rate for their two boys, she should be getting two thirds that amount and I should be having the other third, when the baby comes it should be half each. I could really use that money right now instead we're struggling and worrying if we can buy me a maternity belt!

Lubyloo Sun 05-Oct-08 00:34:45

H&M are good and New Look also do maternity wear now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now