Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I need the snuggliest (oh yes, I just said snuggliest) cosy, warm, giant cardigan that I can wrap round me in these chilly evenings...

(44 Posts)

stylish is entirely optional, I just want to be warm. Knee/mid thigh length possible. Has anyone bought such a thing recently...

Legacy Fri 03-Oct-08 17:18:46

GAP have lots like this at the moment, but you probably need a big store. I saw loads of ones in the London, Oxford Street one!

Szyslak Fri 03-Oct-08 17:19:24

My MIL knits me giant jumpers out of that fluffy snuggly baby woolblush. She does them in pastel colours.Stripes. They are quite hidious, but the most worn thing in my warddrobe.

I always have to whip it off before I answer the door though. they are too embarassing to be seen in.

I know that doens't help you, just wanted to say 'I know where you are coming from'grin.

LOL thanks szyslak grin

Legacy - I can try GAP...was hoping for an online shop though <lazy moo> blush

bump (it really is cold...)

Szyslak Fri 03-Oct-08 18:15:56

Get your MIL, or any random old lady knitting.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 03-Oct-08 18:17:04

Budget and size ?

I heart shopping even if it's for someone else

blush

cornsilk Fri 03-Oct-08 18:17:13

I bought a brand new one from a charidee shop the other day. (smuggly)

LOL! MIL does knit but I have her busy with cute things for dc so can't ask her grin
I think I am being ostracised for use of the word 'snugliest' in my title.
Fair dos.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 03-Oct-08 18:18:13

Ahem

<<points down the thread>>

OOOOOOOh...size 12 budget up to £40

NotCod Fri 03-Oct-08 18:18:43

why not just buy a balnket

ivykaty44 Fri 03-Oct-08 18:18:56

www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/casualwear/1/

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 03-Oct-08 18:20:32

some of these??

I have a blanket but hard to carry tea and hold it around me wink

Next fine but doesn't look that soft lol!
Promod long belted grey cardigan is the right sort of thing. Quite ££ though. I haven't heard of Promod, are they good?

Actually may be being to fussy, promod this is just the sort of thing I think smile

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 03-Oct-08 18:25:39

Never ordered from them before, some of those look rather nice

traceybath Fri 03-Oct-08 18:29:22

i have this and tis warm, soft and snuggly!

Megglevache Fri 03-Oct-08 18:30:09

The Gap coat ones are really lovely I think but I wouldn't say they are soft and cuddly more like wooly IYKWIM. i think they are pricey at £70.

Primark have some fab ones which will prbably fit a bear from the Bear Factory after one wash on 30 degrees.

eleanorsmum Fri 03-Oct-08 18:32:42

i got one this week in sainsburys, grey long sleeved v neck two buttons and a tie about mis thigh on my body. very snuggly. £18 they had lots of others to choose from but most had short or no sleeves hmm

traceybath Fri 03-Oct-08 18:34:23

i also have blanket and uggs - my house is freezing

Bridie3 Fri 03-Oct-08 18:38:08

The thing is to make sure it's REAL wool. I had to buy a cardigan in Sydney in August and it's really quite smart but a wool-substitute-from-China thing.

Looks nice but not warm.

Pollyanna Fri 03-Oct-08 18:38:13

hush have some nice ones (www.hush-uk.com) not cheap though!

My Sains is crap. Will have a look in the one where my mum is if I haven't got something by then! Thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now