Talk

Advanced search

tell me about lovelinks/pandora/troll

(10 Posts)
mysteryfairy Fri 03-Oct-08 10:18:41

I have wanted a charm bracelet from one of the above for ages.

It is my birthday tomorrow so hopefully I finally get my wish - if I can organise ordering today with next day delivery. DH is paying but wants me to do all the choosing (how romantic).

I think that I've decided to go for Lovelinks as this is the cheapest option and none of it is exactly investment jewellery.

In my basket I have a bracelet and 8 charms which is coming to £120. Will things look too sparse with only eight charms? Do you think I need some spacer charms as well? Do they fix in place and consequently split up the other charms so that all eight aren't bunched together? I presume this is what they are for?

Do I need a safety chain?

Anything else required to get a wearable bracelet?

All comments and advice welcome.

Thanks.

mysteryfairy Fri 03-Oct-08 10:50:01

Bump

Please need some advice or going to be too late to order for tomorrow

LouMacca Fri 03-Oct-08 11:19:46

Hi

I got a lovelinks bracelet for my birthday off a friend. She also bought 3 charms for me (2 of them fix in place). I have since got another 3 charms (initials D and S for my DCs and an angel from my best friend). It does look a little sparse but I am asking family/friends to buy me charms for Christmas to fill it up.

I don't have a safety chain on mine.

I really like my bracelet and like that fact that when I have lots of charms I can change colours to go with what I'm wearing. It also gets harder to think of what people can buy you for birthdays, etc so getting a charm is a lovely gift. There are so many charms to pick from that you can get something that means something between and the person buying it.

LouMacca Fri 03-Oct-08 11:25:50

*between you and the person buying it*

mysteryfairy Fri 03-Oct-08 11:27:14

Thanks LouMacca.

I think the bracelets are lovely and yours sounds particularly nice and really personal.

I've ordered now as otherwise we were going to miss the cut off for next day delivery. Eventually I chose a pack of six golden glass beads, a silver rose (representing my DD), a silver penguin (significant for my DH as he is a Linux bod) and three spacer beads.

I rang up the jewellers and they gave me a ten percent discount on what I was buying so effectively I ended up getting the three spacers for free.

I'm really excited now and hope RM do not let me down in delivering tomorrow. This might be optimistic though.

Only two and a half months to Xmas when we can hopefully fill then up a bit more. I have a big family and I'm sure there are quite a few people who'll be relieved to have the decision partially made for them.

joliejolie Fri 03-Oct-08 12:37:57

I love them!
My bday is next week and I think I should buy one of these too!

gatleygirl Sat 04-Oct-08 22:33:14

I am getting a lovelinks bracelet tomorrow I hope - do pandora, trollbeads etc fit lovelinks petite bracelets as well as lovelinks normal bracelets? Am tying myself in knots working out what goes with what!

what bracelet does everyone recommend to get the widest choice of beads to go with?

joliejolie Wed 08-Oct-08 10:43:48

I ended up getting a Lovelinks bracelet because I liked the heart clasp.

Most of the beads I like are the trollbeads though.

havelytj Tue 02-Apr-13 19:02:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

verytellytubby Wed 03-Apr-13 10:29:59

Where's the best place to order Lovelinks? I love them and looking for a charm bracelet that won't break the bank. Lost my sweetie bracelet and charms. Gutted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now