Talk

Advanced search

Looking for definitive Navy Cardigan for winter

(12 Posts)
Sycamoretree Thu 02-Oct-08 16:49:02

I'd like it to be dark navy, stylish (I used to have one years ago by GUESS that was in a biker jacket style and I loved it). It should look fabulous over a crisp white shirt with jeans and boots. But it should indicate I DO give a toss about fashion.

I don't mind spending a bit on it as it will be a work winter wardrobe basic. Has anyone come across anything fabulous? I'm a 12-14 but I have baby belly so do not want anything remotely cropped. grin

anyfucker Thu 02-Oct-08 18:51:35

boyfriend stylee??

zara, £19

JackieNo Thu 02-Oct-08 20:17:42

Seriously expensive (but quite cute, though maybe not for over a white shirt)
Still ££ but slightly less expensive.
Bit lighter than navy.
MAybe?
Boden?
Not convinced any of these are right, though.

brimfull Thu 02-Oct-08 20:24:14

too baggy?

JackieNo Thu 02-Oct-08 20:31:35

This is rather nice, and a bit of a bargain.

Sycamoretree Thu 02-Oct-08 20:49:11

Thanks ladies. Really like that Paul and Joe one Jackieno - probably most my kind of style <determines how she can purchase online without DH raising both eyebrows and his blood pressue> The longer, boyfriend stylee (less structured) won't flatter me I'm afraid (arse) - The principles one looks lovely but a bit too pretty for me.

JackieNo Thu 02-Oct-08 20:52:16

YOu might find some other ideas on this thread.

stringbean Thu 02-Oct-08 21:11:44

How about this ? I know it looks black, and it says blue, but it is navy (they also do one in royal blue). I have just bought a couple in different colours for work, but they look great with jeans as well - it's the sort of thing I live in during the winter.

Sycamoretree Thu 02-Oct-08 21:22:12

Hmm, it's nice, but possibly a bit too ladylike for moi. smile

kt14 Fri 03-Oct-08 14:28:18

quie like this but poss not edgy enough?

s7ondemand1-apps.scene7.com/Boden/BodenZoom.jsp?company=Boden&sku=08AWIN_WK467&config=Boden/zoom_con fig&prodName=Long+Cosy+Cardigan&prodPrice=%A385.00&prodStyle=WK467&colorNames=GRY;Grey+Melange,NAV;N avy,OAT;Oatmeal+Melange,RED;Dark+Crimson?

kt14 Fri 03-Oct-08 14:29:03

in the navy obviously, pic comes up in red..

Sycamoretree Fri 03-Oct-08 19:47:17

Yes, that is nice, but I suppose I'm looking for something slightly more structured - though my sister would love that so has given me xmas pressie idea - thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now