Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Capsule wardrobe (fnar!) for the 30 something who doesn't want to look either as if she's trying to be too young or being too mumsy...?

(9 Posts)
EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Wed 01-Oct-08 17:46:37

I'm 32.
I'm stuck in a style rut.
I tend to wear jeans, jeans and more jeans.
I'm beginning to realise that I'm a 32 year old dressing as a 22 year old.
This is bad bad news.
Help me!
If I had to go out this weekend and buy a capsule wardrobe what should I buy?
I'm not a huge fan of the Boden look, like to keep things slightly quirky if possible.
Size 16, short, huge norks.

Am I a hopeless case? grin

KatieDD Wed 01-Oct-08 18:02:48

Avoid Boden that's my top tip, Debenhams personal shoppers are very good but they dressed me a bit too old so the reverse might work for you.

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Wed 01-Oct-08 18:19:30

Yep, Boden is not my thing grin
Personal shoppers frighten me, I worry they'll make me buy a £300 dress or something!
Would be quite good fun to see what they came up with I suppose.

SilentTerror Wed 01-Oct-08 18:30:03

I am 41 and wear
Wideleg trouserswith vest/tee and cardigan,great statement type necklace and trendy bag.
Knee length skirt with same and boots.
Jeans and tee,nice belt,jewellery,jacket either cord or velvet in 'rich' colour,eg purple,teal.
Tunic type dress(warehouse good for these) with straighter but not skinny jeans.
Jumper dress with boots or tights and Mary Janes.
My 'thing' is great jewellery,all high street/craft shop stuff though.
Marks,Principles,Accessorize,Topshop all good.
I do like Bodengrin but am older than you,and I only go for the plainer,less 'Bodeny' stuff!

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Wed 01-Oct-08 18:32:49

Yes, agree with the jewellery plan!
Do you go in much for patterns? I've looked at my wardrobe and it's full of weird floral patterns which I've obviously bought at some point in an attempt to be less boring!

SilentTerror Wed 01-Oct-08 18:37:39

Have in past but looking at my newly winter-ised wardrobe most things are plain!
I wear brown or greay as a base colour usually in trousers,and cardis/tops in plum,green or teal.
Also just bought some knitwear in creamy camel colour which looks great with jeans.
Don't wear much black,apart from occasional black trousers with tunic over in muted patterns,have great Warehouse silk one that is black background with purple green and teal pattern.
Do have a couple of skirts with bit of pattern on,from White Stuff Great Plains and BodengrinI think my love of necklaces steers me towards plainer tops tbh!

SilentTerror Wed 01-Oct-08 18:40:19

Meant t o add for quirky I like Noa Noa,it is a Danish label that is reasonably priced,sold in House of Fraser,independant boutiques and their own shops,but most of these in the southsad.

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Wed 01-Oct-08 18:40:22

Hmm, yes, food for thought!
I think I wear too much black, I veer towards the goth-y you see! It does me no favours if I'm honest, but is so safe!!

EdwardCullenCanHaveMySoul Wed 01-Oct-08 18:40:49

Ooo, shall have a search for noa noa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now