Talk

Advanced search

Am I allowed to wear chunky knee high boots that are baggy around the calf??

(15 Posts)
Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 30-Sep-08 19:22:29

They are these Dr Martens what I would class as 'bovver boots', which are great udner jeans etc BUT I need the boots to work with a skirt too. I think they look like welly boots because they are so big around my calves or am I just behind in fashion?? Please reply urgently as I need to send them back if I'm not keeping them

lizandlulu Tue 30-Sep-08 19:24:18

i like the boots, but i think it would depend on what kind of clothes you were wearing with them.

if you was wearing a smart outfit for work then i think they would look silly, but i ma not a style expert so see what other people saysmile

woodenchair Tue 30-Sep-08 19:25:18

I like those! although I don't know aabout the baggy calf problem, sorry

They've got the dm air sole on them are they really comfortable?

Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 30-Sep-08 19:26:09

Skirt wise it would either be the usual denim thing (just below knee or mid thigh over leggings kind of thing I guess, or some equally manly skirt. I'm just trying to thing of things that might work with boots that would also work under jeans.....!

lizandlulu Tue 30-Sep-08 19:27:43

maybe if you were wearing leggings they wouldnt look too strange. the leggingd would prob make then blend in abit with your leg.

brimfull Tue 30-Sep-08 19:28:05

christ thta site is slooow

those bots would look fine with anything that isn't uber smart

so denim skirt,fatface type of thing fine imo

anyfucker Tue 30-Sep-08 19:28:53

I love Biker boots (just bought a pair of Bronx)

but I would not wear them with a skirt

skinny or straight jeans only for me

then again, I am not a skirt person, except in the summer when I wear them with Birkies and flip-flops

Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 30-Sep-08 19:44:02

I'm not an expert at skirts at all but thought that I should probably make the effort and that boots would help me do that. Mmmm - this is a bit of a minefield isn't it?!?! Oh crap - I can tell that I'm going to go out looking like a tit! Please can someone add some links to pictures to help me find an acceptable look??? I'm 38, size 10 now and about 5'8 with VERY short dark hair hmm.

They look a bit stiff on but are really comfy and suspect that they just need breaking in to get the soft look / creases in all the right places etc.

brimfull Tue 30-Sep-08 19:49:04

of course you can wear biker boots with skirts

it's very now!!
will find a pic

brimfull Tue 30-Sep-08 19:55:21

you could get away with this look

Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 30-Sep-08 20:04:56

ooh ggirl, you're good. You're very good!
Where do I find the boot stuffer socks from and what if my legs aren't that <ahem>, slender?

Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 30-Sep-08 20:08:56

My boots are knee high (about 2 inches below) rather than mid calf though.

Thankyouandgoodnight Tue 30-Sep-08 21:07:11

bump!

brimfull Tue 30-Sep-08 23:23:58

socks are everywhere atm
get teh knee high ones and roll down a bit

or leg warmers

brimfull Tue 30-Sep-08 23:23:58

socks are everywhere atm
get teh knee high ones and roll down a bit

or leg warmers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now