Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Christening outfit - grey suit? What colour to put with?

(7 Posts)
surprise Tue 30-Sep-08 19:17:16

I don't really do smart, so thought I might buy a grey suit, as there seems to be a lot of grey around this autumn and I could always wear it if when I get a job again. however, I'm not sure about footwear or colours to go with it. I was thinking long black boots and bag with possibly something teal/blue? Please can someone advise me? I'm about 2 stone overweight so trying to use the idea of same colour jacket and skirt/trousers to elongate my figure. Any advice and links most welcome. Thanks!

surprise Tue 30-Sep-08 21:32:12

Anyone? Please?

avenanap Tue 30-Sep-08 21:33:04

Pink looks nice with grey.

Leoness Tue 30-Sep-08 21:33:41

what colour hair do you have?

janeite Tue 30-Sep-08 21:35:33

Gap have lots of things in really, really bright pink at the moment, which I think would look great with grey.

Teal would be good too.

Leoness Tue 30-Sep-08 22:00:38

This shirt in Red would look lovely with a grey suit and avoid the suit looking officey

surprise Tue 30-Sep-08 22:32:33

Thanks all - leoness liek the shirt, but have large norks so probably not the best choice. I do have a pink top from per una that would be okay - hadn't thought of pink, but as you all say it would go quite well. thanks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: