Talk

Advanced search

So this liz earle cleanse and polish is it any good for an oily spot prone face?

(19 Posts)
Szyslak Mon 29-Sep-08 19:59:59

It sounds oily with coco butter in and other oily stuff. Should I avoid?

I'm tempted to try it cos of all the good reviews I've heard. But I don't want a chip pan pustule laden face.

What should I do?

Szyslak Mon 29-Sep-08 20:27:43

C'mon, help me out, you all love this on here, and I'm waiting to buy. Or not.

It's in my basket.

Dropdeadfred Mon 29-Sep-08 20:35:07

Its brilliant and my teenage daughter uses it on her oily skin and her skin glows afterwards

Furball Mon 29-Sep-08 20:46:29

apparently Tesco's Bnatural facial cleanser is exactly the same and only about £3.50 shock and I think it is now labelled Organic. Worth a go?

Dropdeadfred Mon 29-Sep-08 20:48:21

Hmm...I hate TESCO..can they not leave anything alone...?

Ho hum

Szyslak Mon 29-Sep-08 20:48:23

Really??? Intersting.

is it called Bnatural? Do you get the face cloths?

Furball Mon 29-Sep-08 21:01:34

it's called bnatural and for face cloths I cut into 4 one of ds's old muslins.

I know Tesco has it's finger in every pie, but unfortunately my budget won't stretch to Liz Earle.

Szyslak Mon 29-Sep-08 21:09:35

Thanks furball i may tyr that first, and see how zitastic I get.

OllieWollieWoo Mon 29-Sep-08 22:09:44

I used LE for a while but if anything it made my skin worse! Was v disappointed - so gave it all to my sister and she loved it and it had fab results on her skin!

Heathcliffscathy Mon 29-Sep-08 22:15:23

it's got eucalyptus in it, fine for combo oily skins imo. fantastic stuff. give it a try! get a sample size.

Szyslak Mon 29-Sep-08 22:18:08

Hva eyou got oily skin Ollie?

OllieWollieWoo Tue 30-Sep-08 07:04:39

Yes have oily skin with the odd spot. sad Thinking about it tho, I was newly pregnant at the time so maybe it was a case of hormone overdrive that caused the acne and not the products! My sister now swears by them.

Maybe you should buy the Essentials Try Me kit (20 pounds) - or given how fab their customer service is, maybe you should phone and they would send you some trial sizes???? They also have a shop in London now and even think they are stocked in some John Lewis's. Hope that helps!

cornsilk Tue 30-Sep-08 07:09:00

eve lom cleanser is brilliant

macherie Tue 30-Sep-08 10:46:06

Eve Lom cleanser gave me the worst spots of my life, I wouldn't use it on oily skin. I'm using Liz Earle at the moment, and no spots.

What really makes the difference with the Eve Lom cleanser is the technique IMO. If you use that lymphatic massage technique that EL describes with any cleanser I think your skin benefits.

Szyslak Tue 30-Sep-08 10:50:58

Ok I have bought bnatural organic cleanser from Tesco. It was £3.89 I think.

It has many of the same ingredients from what I can work out (beeswax, coco, jojoba etc). It also recommends the muslin cloth thing but you had to buy those separately for £4 for 2.

It sounds very oily I am apprehensive. I also bought the toner though which has witch hazel which I will also use.

Seems tesco is mimicking and undercutting Liz earle big time.

bad news for her, good news for us.

cornsilk Tue 30-Sep-08 16:55:34

report back with the results szyslak!

LittleDorrit Wed 01-Oct-08 11:02:50

I agree with macherie - I bought some eve lom a few years ago after hearing everyone rave about it - used it twice and had the most horrendous spots - I think it basically clogged up every pore on my face !!!! shock

Basically I find that for my oily skin I need cleansers that don't leave a residue.

batters Wed 01-Oct-08 12:00:44

Liz Earle great.

I have oily skin.

Eve Lom didn't work for me nor did the Tesco Bnatural stuff.

chocbutton Wed 01-Oct-08 13:28:55

Liz Earle is wonderful, and I used to try new cleansers/moisturisers etc all the time. have only used LE for nearly 4 years now - try it, I bet if oyu don't like it they'd refund you, they have the best customer service ever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now