Talk

Advanced search

I really don't like my new haircut but I really don't want to go back and complain.

(8 Posts)
cathcat Fri 26-Sep-08 20:33:09

Okay, it might look better tomorrow when I've washed it myself. But at the moment I reckon I will have to go to the small hairdressers in the village and ask them to lob about 2 inches off the bottom for me.
I got it cut today in big salon that I have not been to before. She cut the layers far too short on the top, I feel like I have a MULLET. She did try to fix it when she realised I didn't like it, while saying she had done what I asked for.
AARRRGGGHHH!

cheekysealion Fri 26-Sep-08 20:38:51

why wont you go back to where you went

you could ask for someone dif if you dont want her to be let loose again

CoolYourJets Fri 26-Sep-08 20:40:33

I feel your pain. 3 times I have lost about 3 inches of growth due to this hideous practice of thinning the bottomlayers down.

I am running out of hairdressers grin.

cathcat Fri 26-Sep-08 20:42:11

Because they were all looking at me <<paranoid>>
(the announcement of my dad's death was in the paper today and they may have realised by looking at my name - he worked right opposite this salon) Or maybe they were just underworked and like looking at their clients...?

cheekysealion Fri 26-Sep-08 20:43:53

ok sorry to hear about your dad

have you been to the village one before? can you trust them?

MissisBoot Fri 26-Sep-08 20:44:10

Go back and ask them to sort it out - they should know that they can't get away with doing a standard cut on everyone who walks through the door rather than actually listening to what you want and what it will suit you.

I too have been victim to the unintentional mullet layers - tis ok on a trendy teen not so much on me though

MissisBoot Fri 26-Sep-08 20:45:13

Sorry to hear about your dad

cathcat Fri 26-Sep-08 20:50:03

I am hoping that the village one can take off enough at the ends so that it kind of evens out the balance of layers. I could end up in a wig by Monday if they don't manage that.
I think she did think it was what I wanted. I hate my hair, it has waves and kinks and I think most hairdressers hate it. My usual hairdresser is going to freak laugh when she sees this. Serves her right for going on holiday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now