Talk

Advanced search

Moustaches! Do you have one? What do you do with it?

(41 Posts)
NoblesseOblige Fri 26-Sep-08 11:46:26

and i don't mean curl it, plait it etc. i mean bleach it, wax it etc. what is best?

man, i have burning and important questions for the power of mn today!

grin

hecate Fri 26-Sep-08 11:48:52

Bugger. Was coming on to say just that grin

I pluck mine out with tweezers. And my chin hairs.

And it's not a whispy thing either, it's a full, thick, black haired prickly monster.

saramoon Fri 26-Sep-08 11:51:09

I use hair removal cream but it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to!!! Thinking of maybe waxing?? Maybe same time as having eyebrows done. But doesn't it have to be a certain length (!) to be waxed?

WilfSell Fri 26-Sep-08 11:54:41

Veet mini wax strips. Quick ouch, smooths as a baby's arse afterwards.

I used to bleach but then you just end up with a blonde moustache and red sore skin.

pagwatch Fri 26-Sep-08 11:54:51

i have done laser hair removal.
I am naturally dark anyway and I have just become very self concious as it has all gone a bit grouch marxs after three pregnanicies.
I have had three courses. It is expensive - especially as they recommend a course of 6.
BUt I am doing it as and when i want to and it has improved things massively.
I have much less hair and that I do get is much finer.
Fab.

Although we have an amazing local lady who has a glorious full beard. I am strating to be curiously jealous.
I love her.

NoblesseOblige Fri 26-Sep-08 12:00:19

i have bleached, but it can still be viewed and i'm not really aspiring to rival pagwatchs bearded lady (really? a whole beard?!).
currently i cream but it leaves stubble! and then i get crappy ingrown hairs too angry

DEFINITELY got worse after pregnancy. am there forever if i pluck. do you not get ingorwing hairs with wax? i facialscrub like the clappers but still they curl over angry

cremolafoam Fri 26-Sep-08 12:02:41

bleach
regularly
i am more hairy becuase of med i am on.
dyed my hair a week ago and have a full cm of grow back roots already
sad

WilfSell Fri 26-Sep-08 12:03:02

I think you can buy home laser kits too although that somehow sounds wrong.

I have no idea if they are the same as the salon one or how it works (wouldn't dare really though might if I ended up really witchy and hairy)

pagwatch Fri 26-Sep-08 12:03:32

Noblesse

I am not joshing.
She is fabulous. It is amazing.
She is very neat and lady like and has full make up. She is in 70s I would guess and looks very well groomed .
She just has a stunning beard. Full white probably about three inches growth.

She is in town most days and even my sons school don't mock her. No one does. She is strangely magnificent and a local celebrity.
Tis true I promise

DoubleBluff Fri 26-Sep-08 12:05:15

USed to bleac but hair became coarse. Use the veet wax strips they are really easy to use and the results last for a good few weeks

MrsRecycle Fri 26-Sep-08 12:05:43

thread it.

NoblesseOblige Fri 26-Sep-08 12:08:08

ok...will buy wax strips once the stubble angry has developed further...

home lasering sounds like something ds could very easily adapt to some kind of starwars themed adventure game...hmm

are you sure she IS a laydee pagwatch? though don't you grow more facial hair when you get older sometimes?

am now concerned that a bit of cream stubble may be the least of my worries by the time i'm 70!

plantsitter Fri 26-Sep-08 12:08:27

If you use hair removal stuff (Veet etc) make sure you actually do the skin test first unless you don't mind walking around with a big red scab-moustache for a couple of weeks. Which I did mind quite a lot incidentally.

pagwatch Fri 26-Sep-08 12:10:17

she definately is a lady.
but you do grow more facial hair as you get older.
I remember my mum finding that out and making me romise that if she ever goes into a home I will visit regularly and do her spikey chin hairs
grin

fullmoonfiend Fri 26-Sep-08 12:11:58

this is what I do with mine

pagwatch Fri 26-Sep-08 12:14:18

Nobless
I googled her !although actually not a very flattering photo
she is famous

She is my idol

NoblesseOblige Fri 26-Sep-08 12:18:06

shock shock shock

omg pagwatch!

pagwatch Fri 26-Sep-08 12:21:06

grin

oh come and visit - well go into town and find her
grin

NoblesseOblige Fri 26-Sep-08 12:31:51

that is quite tempting - we could ask her what her secret is! am quite flabbergasted!

RiojaLover75 Fri 26-Sep-08 12:34:53

Oooo the Bearded Lady of Guildford! She's always out and about, she's amazing!

stretchmarkqueen Fri 26-Sep-08 12:35:51

gringrin

pagwatch Fri 26-Sep-08 12:37:24

I want to start a fan club but dare not be so bold.

RiojaLover75 Fri 26-Sep-08 12:38:43

Pagwatch there's one on Facebook!

pagwatch Fri 26-Sep-08 12:40:42

grin
wow !

Are you local then rioja?

<<pag legs it to facebook>>

stretchmarkqueen Fri 26-Sep-08 12:42:06

Where??????grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now