Talk

Advanced search

DH wants to know - is 42 too old for a man to wear an earring?

(14 Posts)
treacletart Thu 25-Sep-08 19:11:49

I think he looks good with or without.

DH is 9as far as I'm concerned) a very presentable spikey grey haired cross between George Clooney and Robert Mitchum. My brother reckons he's more like Mark Thomas and my mate's son once mistook him for rod stewart on the cover of some sleb mag. Just remembered there's actually a pic of him on my profile...

Anyway, I put it to the Mumsnet Style Jury, do you think he would look better with or without an earring? He's quite worried about looking like he's trying too hard to be young. Waddyathink?

smartoldblue Thu 25-Sep-08 19:12:53

tony head does it

MamaG Thu 25-Sep-08 19:14:03

gut instinct - take it out

themildmannneredjanitor Thu 25-Sep-08 19:14:37

yes.remove it.

DisasterArea Thu 25-Sep-08 19:14:40

yes. get slippers and cardi

TheBlonde Thu 25-Sep-08 19:15:40

it's too old to start wearing one - it's a bit Harrison Ford having a midlife crisis

already wearing one then it's fine imho

buttercreamfrosting Thu 25-Sep-08 19:16:05

Tell him to go for it. My DH put his back in & he's 44.

themildmannneredjanitor Thu 25-Sep-08 19:16:09

no-no slippers and cardi.
just looked at his pic on your profile and he is a lovely handsome man who i just can't see suiting an earring.

more-distinguished without.

buttercreamfrosting Thu 25-Sep-08 19:17:52

Should clarify - didn't put it back in recently. ie already wearing it - keep it in!

treacletart Thu 25-Sep-08 19:20:03

He's always worn an earring. In fact, when I met him he had earrings in both his ears. I think he took one out to meet my parents and now he's down to just the one gold sleeper. He took it out this morning and now cant decide whether to put it back or not. I agree it would be very weird to start wearing one now.

anyfucker Thu 25-Sep-08 19:20:08

if already in, keep

if wanting new, give kick up the arse

Overmydeadbody Thu 25-Sep-08 19:22:45

If he's always worn it then keep it in, or take it out, his choice really.

treacletart Thu 25-Sep-08 19:34:07

He works in an artistic/creative field where he hardly ever has to look smart. ... hmmmmm, maybe I'm concerened that him taking his earring out will be admitting we're both getting old shock. He's thinning a bit on top and reckons he'll soon be going for the big chop - that's a really short crop to disguise baldness not a vasectomy - maybe he should wait till then...

serenity Thu 25-Sep-08 19:35:34

Dh has had one since he was about 18, I'd think it was odd if he suddenly decided to take it out. I don't think your DH needs to take it out just because he's 42, but obviously if he wants to then he should.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now