Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dying hair post natal

(6 Posts)
Lib76 Thu 25-Sep-08 15:34:31

just wondering if anyone had their hair dyed (professionally) after having a baby?

my ds is 16 wks and about 6 wks ago i dyed my own hair! i hate it and to top it off my hair is falling out big time sad

i went for a trim and my hairdresser said it is ok to dye it and it wouldn't contribute to the hair loss. I am desperate to get colour done but scared that if i get it done all my hair will fall out!!! shock

MadreInglese Thu 25-Sep-08 15:36:09

Personally I wouldn't do anything to hair that sounds as delicate as yours at the moment, I would think you'd need to leave it until it stops falling out at least.

MadreInglese Thu 25-Sep-08 15:37:57

Could you get some recommendations of vitamins that are good for regaining healthy hair after birth maybe?

Lib76 Thu 25-Sep-08 15:39:34

i am taking multi-vitamins with iron in the hope it will gain some life!!

it's driving me mad! i had amazing hair now it's limp and lifeless!! sad

elkiedee Thu 25-Sep-08 15:44:01

I think it's normal for hair to fall out after the birth. If you're going for a colour it might be a good idea to stick to darker colours/ones which don't involve any bleaching process.

Lib76 Thu 25-Sep-08 15:47:45

the one i did at home was darker (that's why i hate it!) and it seemed that my hair fell out more, however my hairdersser said i just noticed it more cause it was darker than my normal colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now