Talk

Advanced search

Boden clearance sale

(18 Posts)
dosboys Thu 25-Sep-08 11:25:02

Does anyone have any experience of Boden clearance sales? There is one local to me tomorrow and I’m wondering what to expect. – is it a real bun fight? Do I need to get there extra early and queue?

Thanks

MadameCastafiore Thu 25-Sep-08 11:26:14

Get there at least an hour ealry to queue and wear sharp blades attached to your elbows and do not take a buggy or any small children - they cry when the buns hit them!

Podrick Thu 25-Sep-08 11:31:08

yes bunfight
yes expect huge queues to get in and huge queues to pay
definite no to taking kids with you if you value their safety
give it a miss if you value your sanity

consider migrating your custom to Joules

essexgel Thu 25-Sep-08 13:28:20

I went to the Ipswich sale and tbh was a waste of time...like any sale it was scouring the bins. not worth it imo

FluffyMummy123 Thu 25-Sep-08 13:29:06

Message withdrawn

fishie Thu 25-Sep-08 13:33:18

cod i am stuck on next site cannot find those bloody cords in grey.

pippibluestocking Thu 25-Sep-08 13:35:52

Surprised they have anything to clear based on the amount of autum / winter stock that is already sold out.

dosboys Thu 25-Sep-08 14:06:16

what are the prices like? Are items heavily reduced or just a couple of quid off. Trying to work out if its worth the effort!!

FluffyMummy123 Thu 25-Sep-08 14:15:10

Message withdrawn

shhhh Thu 25-Sep-08 15:07:24

boden sales..? how do we have them local to us..?

fishie Thu 25-Sep-08 15:09:24

thank you, have ordered. they don't have them in the shops, most odd.

mamaspanx Fri 26-Sep-08 14:42:09

today was the boden clearence sale and it was a real spectacle...i found it incredibly embarrassing. babies being left in buggies...them tipping over screaming children inside. no mirrors people spread around on the floor ripping open packaging...people... its not a food crisis its a few quid knocked off some clothes!!!!

the initial queue was huge but moved quite quickly and the3 queue to pay was huge but quite quick...i doubt there will be anything left for tomorrow!

used2bthin Fri 26-Sep-08 14:49:20

I was there too mamaspanx it was hell on earth! Took my DD which was indeed a huge mistake. Didn't stay long though to be fair. And I couldn't even get to most of the stuff as the crowds of women were blocking my way! Never again!

mamaspanx Fri 26-Sep-08 14:55:40

its a go alone type thing...get your head down and stuck in...it was a bit cofusing because the boys and girls stuff was mixed up, i got a few nice things for ds1 that ds2 will inherit and an empire top for me cause i'm pregnant!! but the knitwear was still £30 so thats not much of a bargain really..boys trousers were £9 all styles

used2bthin Fri 26-Sep-08 15:01:17

Yes everyone thinks it must be a bargain and you can get carried away with the excitement of just finding the right size! I just got one top for DD but its a summer one really. Nothing for me there was nothting at all left in my size.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Fri 26-Sep-08 19:30:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ravenscroft Sun 28-Sep-08 15:33:37

Hi, are there any more Boden clearance sales this year? Does anyone have any info?

unfitmother Sun 28-Sep-08 15:40:33

I went to one once, got there half an hour early, by mistake, and joined a small queue which got a lot bigger!
I was very pleased with getting last seasons ski jacket for DD, originally £60, for £15.
Get there early if you want to get anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now