Talk

Advanced search

I want a grown up stylish thigh length jacket where should I look?

(10 Posts)
firstmum45 Thu 25-Sep-08 11:07:14

Hi all I need a new jacket pronto have thrown last years out.

I would prefer something ladylike and grown up after wearing a pink puffa jecket for the last two years grin.

I already have a good full length coat but need something shorter to do pre school run and wear in the car.

I have not got the body shape for double brested as only 5ft tall usually size 10/12
and I do like bright colours. Has anybody seen anything around in the shops or online that might fit the bill.

Thanks

Jewelsandgems Thu 25-Sep-08 13:11:59

This is a bright colour and the right length, but may just not be your style:

next red jacket

firstmum45 Thu 25-Sep-08 14:27:31

Thanks jj the colour is great but I wanted to get away from the hood. I also like deep pink and purple.

I have been looking but such a lot of stuff is double breasted and with my shortness and 32e's they are not very flattering grin

Jewelsandgems Thu 25-Sep-08 19:10:11

Know what you mean about the hood. How about this, but may be too long?

oli red coat

Tried to find something in purple, only found a warehouse coat but it is double breasted....there seemed to be loads of purple around a few months back!

lou33 Thu 25-Sep-08 19:13:26

Is this too long?

I have it in grey, it stops a few inches above the knee, it makes me feel smart, and looks good without the top buttons done up as well

lou33 Thu 25-Sep-08 19:13:48

Oh i just saw you want bright colours, sorry, ignore me

firstmum45 Thu 25-Sep-08 20:53:02

Hi Jewelsandgems this coat is brill bit over my budget may have to grease round hubby.

Lou33 this coat is right style even though not bright may check length on me in shop, can always add bright scarf etc etc plus price is about right.

Thanks all

lou33 Thu 25-Sep-08 21:22:20

I am 5ft 7 and it is above my knee, and it's v well made for the price (luckily for me as that is expensive for me atm!)

janeite Thu 25-Sep-08 21:28:35

I asked virtually this very same question a few days ago and Nailpolish was very helpful - hereI still haven't found one yet though, so am watching your thread carefully!

minorbird Thu 25-Sep-08 21:36:14

Have you not seen the genius website that houses every shop under the sun? Its incredible, but you could be there for hours and buy things you don't need! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now