Talk

Advanced search

party dress for dd (6 eek)

(7 Posts)
mimsum Wed 24-Sep-08 23:03:43

It's dd's 6th birthday next week and I'd like to get her a pretty (but not twee) dress for her party. I've had a look at monsoon, next, john lewis, la redoute but not seen anything that grabs my fancy

she's very tall and slim, is mostly very girly but hates anything scratchy or uncomfortable

as she's growing at weed-like speed I don't want to spend a fortune but would like it to be decent enough quality

any ideas please?

also, any ideas for party shoes for long, skinny feet? she's very sad that she can't wear the sparkly one-width ones from monsoon etc which all her friends have for parties as she literally just walks out of them

lonelymom Thu 25-Sep-08 00:05:52

BHS usually have pretty dresses (around 30 quid) if you've got one in your area, or Debenhams? On the shoes front - I normally have the opposite problem with my DD so can't help there!

brimfull Thu 25-Sep-08 00:18:55

boden?

madmummy4 Thu 25-Sep-08 00:41:29

What about these
party dresses
They were on the first page of google. the ballgown looks nice, not sure if it is too over the top for your daughter though? My daughter is 6 and I knwo she would wear it but she is very very girly and would probably wear it for school if she couldgrin

PortAndLemon Thu 25-Sep-08 08:05:00

Just Dresses?

mimsum Thu 25-Sep-08 14:15:20

thanks for suggestions - I'd already seen the blush fashions ones (I can google wink) but weren't right for dd

I think I have now found a couple of possibilities at jigsaw junior so will take dd shopping at the weekend

brimfull Thu 25-Sep-08 15:50:39

hmm at "I can google"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now