Talk

Advanced search

please help

(7 Posts)
fluster Wed 24-Sep-08 18:58:17

its taken me along time to summon up the courage to post here. i concide defeat and need some style help please.im 31 dumpy size 14 and no matter what i wear i never feel comfortable my clothes just look either to baggy or ridiculously tight.i was a 10/12 pre baby and was happy with that.i just want to look presentable i spend my life in ill fitting bootcut jeans and plain tops or jumpers and its really getting me down.i try my hardest to keep up with current fashion but when i get stuff home and try it on it looks so wrong.ive just had a new hair cut and colour which made me feel better so i went out and blew about £200 on new clothes to match i will never wear them and i am planning on taking them back.any advice on were to shop or what i should be wearing or is it back to the bootcuts

sparkybabe Wed 24-Sep-08 22:05:54

It's a bit difficult to say, without seeing you! Personally I hate Bootcut trousers, prefer straight leg. Have you tried long skirts with boots?

Jewelsandgems Thu 25-Sep-08 07:54:30

Fluster if you have that 'everything looks crap on me' attitude then everything will look crap [to you that it]

Instead, buy one thing at a time. Like a new top for example. If you are fed up with jumpers, maybe a camisole and cardigan?

You are only 31 so all the current trends you can wear I.E tunic or dress over tights/leggings, or full skirt knee length skirt with shoes/boots. Size 14 is not huge at all so again lots of gorgeous stuff will look lovely on you.

[Oh and I vowed not to wear black tops again after turning 30, black is a very draining colour and just a bit of colour like navy blue or green is really fashionable and very flattering to most skin tones.]

uberalice Thu 25-Sep-08 07:58:48

Take your £200 worth of clothes back and book yourself in with a personal shopper at a department store. It was the best thing I ever did.

littlelapin Thu 25-Sep-08 08:05:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fluster Thu 25-Sep-08 08:52:47

thanks ladies,your right i am stuck in a rut and having mild depression and anxiety doesnt help.im only 5`1 so i think any extra weight shows although my sister is exactly the same height and weight and she always looks fab.i love the leggings/skinny jeans look with boots but honestly when i tried it i looked ridiculous.i will have to look into a personal shopper as i would have to go out of town and i think i will enlist the help of my lovely bubbly, larger than life friend for moral support.

littlelapin Thu 25-Sep-08 16:18:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now