Talk

Advanced search

What did YOU wear?

(33 Posts)
angrypixie Tue 23-Sep-08 20:11:31

OK ladies, what did you wear to your baby's christening/naming day??? I'm not back to pre-pregnancy 12 <sigh> so need to buy something new before Saturday EEK!

Would love to know what you wore...

luckylady74 Tue 23-Sep-08 20:17:27

Mine were summer naming day type things and I wore wedge sandals to give my legs some slimming length and balance my thick calves.
It was a very informal day, so my wide trousers and empire line top were fine, but I would be smarter if it were church!
Slap on lipstick and bronzer and always hold the child in front of you are my top tips - oh and spanx pants!

expatinscotland Tue 23-Sep-08 20:18:39

a knee-length grey skirt and a pink button-down top and matching scarf with black court shoes.

themildmannneredjanitor Tue 23-Sep-08 20:18:51

for ds1 i wore black trousers a nd a knitted stripey top thing.

for ds2 i wore a black top and jacket with a longish red skirt.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 23-Sep-08 20:22:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lovecat Tue 23-Sep-08 20:24:35

It was a very sunny April day, I wore a sleeveless ruffly v-neck top in golden-beige linen with a pinky brown abstract flower print on it and an a-line knee-length skirt in the pinky brown colour, with beige suede court shoes.

Was still bf at the time (DD was 7 weeks old) so relatively slimline!

Lizzylou Tue 23-Sep-08 20:26:30

My two were only baptised a few weeks ago (at 4.5 and 2.5yrs), I wore a teal Monsoon silk skirt with beading/chocolate embroidery, with peep toe wedges and a brown frilled fitted satin shirt from designers at Debenhams (couldn't find a brown top anywhere!) and chocolate leather belt.

angrypixie Wed 24-Sep-08 07:32:18

Thanks everyone - I think heels and spanx are a must on an optical illusion basis!

Have seen gorgeous sage green maxi dress in Coast, but what will the weather be like on Saturday? Could go either way

Pushpinia Wed 24-Sep-08 07:40:57

envy

Oh to have the shopping excuse that is a naming day!!! grin

Green dress sounds yummy, I am off to have a look...

FluffyMummy123 Wed 24-Sep-08 07:43:43

Message withdrawn

bozza Wed 24-Sep-08 08:45:50

For DS a floaty patterned blue dress from next, with heeled blue mules and little blue cardie - was July.

For DD a red and cream tweed suit with red cami top and knee length red boots - was November.

Bear in mind that obviously these are not the latest fashions as it is some time since my children were christened.

KatieDD Wed 24-Sep-08 09:05:35

The most hideous Country Casuals outfit with matching hat with cost a bloody fortune and was bought off me by a woman of 60 for a MotB outfit. I was 27 at the time blush

OllieWollieWoo Wed 24-Sep-08 09:30:29

I wore wide leg trousers with little blouse for DS1 and for DS2 which was in December I wore a fab coat - and kept it on in church! One of the Godmothers also wore a lovely trench coat - as neither of us really liked the dresses we had on underneath!

angrypixie Wed 24-Sep-08 18:28:49

Will try & link to the maxi dress, it's a bit OTT but what the hell, it's my last one (dc3) OK have just read the bit about adding links....I'm going in!

twinsetandpearls Wed 24-Sep-08 18:31:10

Gold silky skirt probable from monsoon, cami and a brown monsoon cardigan with sequins on.

CountessDracula Wed 24-Sep-08 18:33:27

An indiany see-through top with a spaghetti strap top under, linen trousers, sparkly sandals

FluffyMummy123 Wed 24-Sep-08 18:33:47

Message withdrawn

duckyfuzz Wed 24-Sep-08 18:40:12

it was a hot summer's day - really, there was one about 4 yrs ago shock I wore a bright pink lined linen dress from jigsaw v forgiving to post twins sagginess

angrypixie Wed 24-Sep-08 18:50:52

This is my fist attempt at a link.

dress here

I love it - but is it too evening because it is long? NB The flower is coming off!!!!

angrypixie Wed 24-Sep-08 18:52:42

twinset - that is absolutely the kind of thing I would usually go for. This time I'm loking at uber elegance, as with 3 under 5 I usually look like crap!!!!

traceybath Wed 24-Sep-08 19:28:42

Its very pretty but i'd have thought it was more of an evening dress.

KatieDD Wed 24-Sep-08 20:30:49

I like it, why not could be worn to Christmas parties too.
What size are you I might have something you'd like.

beansontoast Wed 24-Sep-08 20:37:48

it was feb and i was fattish

so i plumped for a huge yellow coat (beautiful,vintage 50's)

with a black and white spotty dress (that made me look pregnant....and a very good catholic girl)

with very high heels (as i said... fattish)

have since given the dress away!

beansontoast Wed 24-Sep-08 20:39:28

wear whatever you want smile

mammyofET Wed 24-Sep-08 21:14:36

I wore a coast ensemble of: cream skirt, black vest with black cardigan. All with black satin court shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now