Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me how to do a french plait please?

(10 Posts)
estobi1 Tue 23-Sep-08 14:58:17

I keep looking at other people's little girls hair admiringly but I have no idea how to do it. Can anyone please tell me how or point me to something on the web. Thank you x

brimfull Tue 23-Sep-08 15:00:12

here

CatMandu Tue 23-Sep-08 15:00:36

Oh estobi1 - I've been wondering about this for years too, will be watching with you.

flowerybeanbag Tue 23-Sep-08 15:02:25

If you do a search on youtube there's loads of instruction videos

CatMandu Tue 23-Sep-08 15:06:01

Wow - well I've just watched that and it looks way too tricky to do during the morning pre-school chaos. I'm going to practice tonight, dd2 would love this style and hopefully the nits will hate it.

Jux Tue 23-Sep-08 15:13:56

I always wanted to know how to do that. Brilliant. (I'll never manage it!)

estobi1 Tue 23-Sep-08 15:38:28

ooh no nits sounds great!!!grin

eilidhfi Tue 23-Sep-08 15:40:43

Practice lots! It's quite theraputic once you get the hang of it

fatzak Tue 23-Sep-08 15:42:08

Whilst we are on the topic can anyone help me to do a "messy bun"? I always end up twisting my hair into a bobble to keep it kind of bun like, but as Califrau's DS so beautifully puts it, it ends up looking more like a croissant than a bun!

TheSoapEatersMum Wed 24-Sep-08 10:02:48

CatMandu, if you do the plait at night, then put a pair of clean (obv!) knickers over your DDs' hair ( if she will let you, mine normally has a moan!) the style will still look freshly done in the morning ready for school grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now