Talk

Advanced search

quick haircut advice needed please curly/frizzy mop and a roundy face

(21 Posts)
VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 18:55:09

Bad combination, eh?

Currently shoulder length curly / frizzy with some long growy-out layers, totally shapeless, growing out highlights horribly light brown on normal mousebrown natural colour.

Am wondering re. a really sharp cut, perhaps with fringe, will a fringe work on curl? Also bearing in mind will have zero maintenance time.

Have appt tomorrow a.m. have to rush it as bf'ing 7 week old son and will most likely have to rush through this thread too as he is feeding every ten minutes!

Help help I need postnatal transformation.

VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 19:44:25

OK did I not sound desperate enough?

2point4kids Mon 22-Sep-08 19:49:23

Sounds like my hair and based on personal experience - NO to a fringe! sorry

I've got chin length style getting shorter round the back (up to my hairline) with layers all through.
Its the style that after many trials and errors I have found to suit my curly/frizzy mop.

I dont do styling either, so its pretty low maintenance... just wash, towel dry, scrunch in a ball of mousse and leave!

NoblesseOblige Mon 22-Sep-08 19:52:12

short! think george in the famous five (ok bad example but can't think of anyone else, oh, hang on, how about that woman from holby city?). really! will take no time to do and will look cracking and effortlessly stylishsmile

VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 19:54:00

I would love the Kirrin Crop Noblesse but with roundy face will I look ... FAT?

I feared the fringe was a no-no. Looking for an update really... have had same general bob since age 8.

maidamess Mon 22-Sep-08 19:56:30

could you manage something like this, with serum/mousse?

VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 19:57:50

2.4 that sound like my cut when I was at school we called it a graduated bob, is that what you mean?

VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 19:59:04

maidamess that is more or less what I aim for currently. Perhaps I should just get tidied up into that again.

Also I stress AIM.

NoblesseOblige Mon 22-Sep-08 19:59:41

no i think not - thought cuts that framed the face ie bobs emphasised roundness? shortness won't do that.

but i am oval with a pointy witch chin so what do i know?! grin

maidamess Mon 22-Sep-08 20:00:02

I would LOVE to have hair like that <<sigh>>

VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 20:02:18

In my youth my face was heart-shaped. <sob> why didn't I have an urchin cut while I could?

Do TrinnY & S. have Rules re hair? Perhaps will check their site.

2point4kids Mon 22-Sep-08 20:03:43

Yes, like a graduated bob but curly and with layers.

Kind of looks like
this from the front
and then graduated at the back iyswim

VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 20:04:50

Ere, maidamess, I only now notice the WORSTHAIR part of your link. Are you winding me up??

BondGirl007 Mon 22-Sep-08 20:05:40

Are you me? grin I should be asking the same question! My hair is way too long at the mo though. I am tempted to get it cropped but am worried I will regret it.

I always regret getting my hair cut because they straighten it at the salon and then I can't do it when I get home! Always revert to curly the next day.

BondGirl007 Mon 22-Sep-08 20:06:31

Ooh now I like that 2.4kids, *sorry about the thread hijack*

VintageGardenia Mon 22-Sep-08 20:08:08

Wow that's much more stylish than me 2.4.

maidamess Tue 23-Sep-08 13:20:30

Am not on a wind up. i didn't realise her hair was being vilified on that site. I think its lovely!

avacado Tue 23-Sep-08 13:30:29

Message withdrawn

Furball Tue 23-Sep-08 13:34:56

This sort of thing?

Furball Tue 23-Sep-08 13:36:07

another view Here

VintageGardenia Tue 23-Sep-08 18:42:24

Well I went for the graduated at the back, longer at the front, slightly layered throughout look and, da, da, da... I really like it! I never like my haircuts so this is a Big Deal.

The hairdresser applied "product" - Kerastase Oleo Curl and a sculpting glaze (!) and twisted it round her fingers into spirals, no doubt I'll never achieve the complete look again but I should get a couple of preeny days out of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now