Talk

Advanced search

so who has packed away their summer stuff?

(27 Posts)
lupo Mon 22-Sep-08 17:34:49

Just wondering if anyone has put their summer stuff away yet and got the wintery stuff out. Just wondering. I was thinking of doing it this week, but not sure wether to hang on to the linen trousers etc for a bit longer... sods law I will put it away and the weather will be nice

ComeOVeneer Mon 22-Sep-08 17:36:49

Mine is all in my wardrobe all year round, but I am still wearing summery stuff.

Flutterbye Mon 22-Sep-08 17:39:58

I put it all in loft/hard to reach part of wardrobe and got it out again this weekend. Weather's turned again this pm though back in fleece gilet and socks in house, not put heating on yet though.

LisaLessLumpy Mon 22-Sep-08 18:25:13

I packed it all away last week and then it was glorious all weekend hmm back to be freezing again today though [tsk!]

SilentTerror Mon 22-Sep-08 18:28:48

Have put overly summery stuff away,but wear vests/tees all year round with cardigans etc,and have kept linen trousers out for now,but looking at weather here today they won't be out much longer!

hifi Mon 22-Sep-08 19:01:22

me, on the recommendation of fellow mners!

GobbledigookisThrifty Mon 22-Sep-08 19:03:02

Not me - I had a short skirt, sandals and strapless top on at the weekend. It was really hot!

BroccoliSpears Mon 22-Sep-08 19:07:57

Gosh.

I wear the same manky crappy clothes all year round.

Am a bit in awe of the idea of having summer and winter clothes.

JackieNo Mon 22-Sep-08 19:09:22

My wardrobe's multi-seasonal too (ie, I wear the same stuff all year round, with fewer or more cardigans/tights/boots/sandals depending on the weather).

expatinscotland Mon 22-Sep-08 19:10:25

we never took the 'summer' stuff out.

it's going down to around 0 here tonight.

girls have their heavier tog duvets on already.

then it goes up to 15-17 degrees during the day, hence why i now have excruciatingly painful sinusitis and feel like utter shite.

ComeOVeneer Mon 22-Sep-08 19:10:45

Do you all have small wardrobes or loads of clothes, that you need to put away clothes, and what do you do with them?

psychomum5 Mon 22-Sep-08 19:11:58

I packed the childrens stuff away about two weeks back...

and the sun came back!!!

I am happy with the sun, slightly annoyed that I had packed all their stuff...

IllegallyBrunette Mon 22-Sep-08 19:12:53

I packed it all away as I washed and dried it after my holiday.

I am now left with a rather large problem though...........................all of my winter clothes seem to have shrunk hmm, am sat here with button of my skinny jeans undone, as it has been for most of the day.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 22-Sep-08 19:21:02

Yes... packed away sad ( in face even put the heating on today ( shame-faced emoticon) booked a ski hol today to have something to look forward to - all the winter stuff looks horrible (I am a summerdress person) - Aaaaaagh>

IllegallyBrunette Mon 22-Sep-08 19:22:18

I prefer winter clothes, but nothing fits, so I need to decide wether to be good and lose some weight or buy new clothes.

I have zero willpower, so it will probably be the latter.

MrsMattie Mon 22-Sep-08 19:23:15

I did it about 3 weeks ago! have had to pull out a couple of summery bottoms over the weekend, but otherwise, Uggs and jeans and cosy cardis it is!

Jewelsandgems Mon 22-Sep-08 19:26:48

Packed away and yay! Love autumn clothes and love having the chance to wear all my new stuff! Jewel colours galore! Boots! Scarves!

Majeika Mon 22-Sep-08 19:29:44

I love winter/autumn clothes so much more than summer stuff.

Cannot wait to get my boots out and sweaters.

I do need some new clothes tho so I might go on a shopping spree at some point.

I had packed stuff away and then had to get it out again over the weekend.

pointydog Mon 22-Sep-08 19:36:10

I don't have different wardrobes. SOunds like you have too many clothes.

I do wonder if I'll get like that one day

MrsMattie Mon 22-Sep-08 19:48:14

I only had a few shitty rags for summer, anyway. Who spends money on summer clothes in this country? Only crazy people.

lupo Mon 22-Sep-08 19:58:35

I am not sure whether I have too many clothes or a wardrobe that is too small. My summer stuff is much nicer than my winter stuff, am trying to be ruthless and get rid of clothes i don't wear anymore. I hope to try and update with new stuff if and when I can afford to.

Right, think I will pack up the summer stuff now....

SilentTerror Mon 22-Sep-08 20:41:14

Iprefer Autumn/winter clothes too,and have loads of new skirts and cardigans to wear with my Autograph boots that are divinegrin
I put my 'summer' stuff,ie white linens,strappy dresses,cotton skirts etc in large wardrobe in DS's room,then put my 'winter' stuff in my room.
This process in reversed in april ish,hopefullygrin

LetThemEatCake Mon 22-Sep-08 20:46:42

never!

to do so would be to admit defeat.

and I am going to be in the sun for 2 months of winter anyhoo

<<gloating emocion>>

LetThemEatCake Mon 22-Sep-08 20:48:06

never!

to do so would be to admit defeat.

and I am going to be in the sun for 2 months of winter anyhoo

<<gloating emocion>>

girlsnextdoor Mon 22-Sep-08 21:19:59

I never pack away anything- nowhere to pack it to! The summer stuff just hangs in the wardrobe alongside everything else. I amke sure that all the summery stuff is washed at the end of the "season" but that's as far as it goes- T shirts etc tend to get worn all year round as layers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now