Talk

Advanced search

I coloured my hair and now i hate it

(16 Posts)
bigspender30 Mon 22-Sep-08 16:32:19

I used a herbal essence non peroxide non ammonia job and its BRIGHT red. I feel like Jonathan Ross' wife and its just not me. So my question is, can I put another colour over the top of it and will it calm it down a bit or should i just go to salon?

NomDePlume Mon 22-Sep-08 16:33:13

I'd go to a salon. At least they'll be able to put that colour stripper stuff on it.

Megglevache Mon 22-Sep-08 16:35:35

If it's bright red though you should be able to apply a warm brown. I think the only problem is when blonde isthe colour then people try to add a dark over ther top which turns out looking a disastrous khaki green- it needs red AFAIK.

The colour saounds amazing BTW- sorry.

Post a pic!!!

bigspender30 Mon 22-Sep-08 16:36:16

does that wreck your hair? ( obviously years of colouring and straightening are doing my hair the world of good!)
Has anyone had that stuff put on their hair?

bigspender30 Mon 22-Sep-08 16:37:50

oh Megglevache, I can hardly leave the house let alone post a pic!
I look like a goth............

ledodgy Mon 22-Sep-08 16:40:20

Is it a permanent colour?

bigspender30 Mon 22-Sep-08 16:43:31

yes its permanent. oh lord what have I done??

Megglevache Mon 22-Sep-08 16:45:19

It is fixable.

Shall I ring my hairdresser friend now for you?

ledodgy Mon 22-Sep-08 16:46:40

Yes you'll have to see a hairdresser then. I did this with jet black not long after I had my first baby, I blame the hormones. It cost a bloody bomb to have it put right though!

bigspender30 Mon 22-Sep-08 16:54:58

oh megglevache that would be great! Will cat you the history!

Megglevache Mon 22-Sep-08 16:55:40

will chk e mail now.

Megglevache Mon 22-Sep-08 17:02:35

Ok have just spoken to her. If you want to tone down the red she suggests using a semi permanent colour (doesn't matter what make) Apparently ignore the names they give the colours (like muffin brown and ebony surprise grin ) There is a universal colour number on the packet (she says on the right hand side) she suggests you ignore whats written on the boxes and look for a dye number 50 (this is a dark brown)

She said salon is better but if that's not possible then this will drastically tone it down and make you look a bit more normal smile

If you really want to mask the red use a perm colour in the same colour.

is that ok?

bigspender30 Mon 22-Sep-08 17:04:27

great thanks! Am going to go to the salon then in case i f*ck it up again. Thanks for your help x

Jewelsandgems Mon 22-Sep-08 17:05:12

Not sure if this is any help but red pigment is the smallest, which means it fades the quickest (even with perm colour). After a few washes with head and shoulders (they say the best for removing colour) you may find it a little less bright? hmm

Megglevache Mon 22-Sep-08 17:05:16

No problems, I am very curious about these mythical number now.

bigspender30 Mon 22-Sep-08 17:06:52

head and shoulders you say?? Brilliant-lucky for me I have a husband with dandruff haha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now