Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can any make-up experts advise me?

(7 Posts)
kdk Mon 22-Sep-08 11:04:22

I really love the texture of Clarins Instant Smooth Foundation but unfortunately it doesn't have SPF - is there anything similar that doesn't cost the earth but does have an SPF of at least 15 or do I want the moon?

Sazisi Mon 22-Sep-08 11:08:16

I'm a recent convert to Chantecaille tinted moisturiser; it's not exactly a budget option, but it is spf 15, moisturises and gives good coverage so it's like a 3 in 1; it was 65 Euors so probably around £40.

Lauriefairycake Mon 22-Sep-08 11:08:50

chantecaille do one with spf 15 - it's a tinted moisturiser but has reasonable coverage - possibly lighter than you want though? I don't know how much coverage the instant smooh provides?

Lauriefairycake Mon 22-Sep-08 11:09:10

oooh xposted grin

kdk Mon 22-Sep-08 11:20:09

I'd say it's light to medium coverage and quite matte - costs £22ish which is about my limit unfortunately - well until I win the lottery

earthpixie Mon 22-Sep-08 12:46:23

You could use a layer of Clinique Super City Block underneath your Clarins base. It's oil free and fab, have used it for years. About £12 for decent tube.

kdk Mon 22-Sep-08 18:59:38

Thanks for the suggestions - not sure about Clinique - tried their Dramatically Different Moisturiser once - and it was different - brought me out in spots - not quite the desired effect!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: