Talk

Advanced search

Good jeans anyone?

(10 Posts)
Chivers Sun 21-Sep-08 19:00:22

Hi there,

I've recently lost a lot of my baby weight and would love to get a decent pair of jeans - all the ones I've had in later years seem to go baggy and lose their shape. Can anyone suggest any good jeans that keep their shape while wearing and after washing, look really good and don't cost the earth? (moon on a stick anyone?!!)

I think I could spend up to £45 but less would be better of course!

Thanks muchly.

kt14 Sun 21-Sep-08 21:02:05

Just bought some lovely ones from Fat Face at around £45, might have been £50.. White Stuff look nice this season too but not sure of price.

I also like good old next for jeans, you can get a nice pair in virtually any fit or colour starting from £20 ish up to around £45.

Or moto at Top Shop fit really well. And they don't only come in a size 6!

Might be worth trying more expensive ones in store then looking for them on ebay..

BodenGroupie Mon 22-Sep-08 20:18:59

I find TK Maxx the best place cos you get hundreds of brands to choose from. I usually buy Seven, around £25 to £30 instead of the £140 RRP. Tommy Hilfiger also nice on me.

SamJohnsMum Mon 22-Sep-08 20:29:14

I've got the same problem - except I haven't lost my baby weight yet and I just want a pair of jeans to fit my new, slightly larger, bum! I'm not going to worry about losing weight until I stop breastfeeding. I've tried Next and River Island - but although they seem to fit in the shop, size 14s soon go too baggy but I can't do a size 12 up round my mummy tummy!! I will try TKMaxx though, BodenGroupie - your name suggests we are on the same wavelength!!!

TeaDr1nker Mon 22-Sep-08 20:31:32

i bought a pair from oasis, around £45, the style/cut was called 'Scarlet'. They are lovely grin

mcfee Mon 22-Sep-08 20:45:59

I'd like a pair with with buttons instead of a zip. Any-one seen any in the shops recently?

Chivers Tue 23-Sep-08 13:06:38

Thanks for the suggestions - have a Top Shop and Oasis nearby which I can try - TK Maxx sounds worth a trip. Agree about not trying to lose the baby weight while breastfeeding - my DS2 is 20 mths old and my extra weight was from DS1 who's nearly 5. It's very liberating! Haven't seen any with buttons lately but I have a couple of pairs of 501's from my twenties which I can nearly get into again....do they still do button flys?

SJM - that's exactly the problem I've been experiencing - and so don't want to waste anyone dosh.

BodenGroupie Tue 23-Sep-08 19:29:42

SJM - funnily enough Boden jeans just don't fit me properly! Just sent so much autumn stuff back I think I might get crossed off Johnnie's Christmas card list.

Still trying to lose the babyweight - stopped breastfeeding 12 years ago!

ShoppingGirl Wed 24-Sep-08 12:35:16

River Island is brilliant at the moment, loads of jeans styles and best of all they stock a short leg which is a godsend for me!

I bought a pair of 'mid wash' skinny flares (ie skinny at the top, flare at bottom) and if I say it myself they look great. Other half says they make me look taller!

They cost about £37. I noticed Next has a great range too and mostly about £22 - £28.

I've found TK Maxx only any good for tiny or huge sizes. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack in there. Love what Alan Carr said: 'I saw a guy in TK Maxx rub amphetamines on his gums before flicking through those racks'

CountessDracula Wed 24-Sep-08 12:36:14

Second River island
esp if you are an apple

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now