Talk

Advanced search

Great Plains

(9 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Sun 21-Sep-08 07:59:19

There is a dress I think I would like to get from the Great Plains website BUT it only comes in small, medium, large etc sizes. The website says their medium is the equivalent of a size 12 and their large is a 14 - seeing as I am both depending on the shop, any ideas as to how their sizing compares say with other stores? Its is on the small or big side - or spot on?????

TIA

LaTrucha Sun 21-Sep-08 11:55:15

I like GP clothing a lot. I would say their large is a 14 and I would say spot on. ...which means I can't get into it any more... sad

cornsilk Sun 21-Sep-08 11:56:46

link please!

kt14 Sun 21-Sep-08 13:12:09

Difficult one, have had GP knitwear in a M which swims on me, and then vest tops which are clingy even in a L. Skirts run large I think and I can usually get away with a 10/12.

I would wear a Next dress size 12, and a Great Plains M usually, if that helps.

OllieWollieWoo Sun 21-Sep-08 14:40:54

That helps a lot kt14 - I should be ok with a medium then!

This is the dress - but am faffing cos its made from 'virgin wool ' so not sure if I would be asking for trouble ie would it be itchy and scratchy or just give me lotsa hot sweats! Also shudder at the term 'flannel'- sure my Gran used to wear things made from 'flannel'!!!

Would only want it if its more flattering on than pic if that makes sense - just wanted a smartish black dress with sleeves......

here

kt14 Sun 21-Sep-08 14:56:30

nice dress. what the feck is "virgin" wool though?

cornsilk Sun 21-Sep-08 14:57:02

That is really nice.

turquoise Sun 21-Sep-08 14:58:10

I am a 14, and have a couple of Great Plains dresses in L which are a good fit, but a bit snug on the chest (36D).

singingtree Sun 21-Sep-08 19:06:58

That dress is lovely. A friend of mine just bought it and says it is very flattering

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now