Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone elses dp like wearing make up?

(30 Posts)
MasterDebater Sat 20-Sep-08 16:07:34

My (male) dp loves wearing make up! I don't find it a problem and like helping him put it on. He normally wears a bit of mascara every day as it 'makes his eyes look pretty' and today has gone to a party wearing the works - green glitter eye liner, sparkly eye shadow, lip gloss, blusher etc and a wig lol (admittedly its a coming out party for someone he knows and a lot of them are dressing as women) I think he looks great and i'm proud that he doesn't care what people think. Anyone elses dp indulge?

RubyRioja Sat 20-Sep-08 16:15:18

Nope - a splash of 'Old Spice' is as close as it gets grin

Ambi Sat 20-Sep-08 16:17:33

nope, but I introduced my best mate to concealer when he was complaining about his spots, he now gets me to buy it from him.

Cocolepew Sat 20-Sep-08 16:17:40

Is it his coming out party?

Ambi Sat 20-Sep-08 16:17:57

FOR him...

MasterDebater Sat 20-Sep-08 16:51:55

Lol no not his coming out party. He just likes the way it looks i think - maybe he aspires to a career as a drag queen or something! He used to do alot of theatre so discovered it that way i think! He has lovely green nail varnish today too!

Ambi Sat 20-Sep-08 16:59:29

pmsl, sorry, I was correcting my post earlier - I meant that hegets me to buy it for him not from him like I typed, but coco's post makes me sound like it was a bitchy comment.

Not intentional md. I think it's fab he's so up for make up etc. I think men can looked pretty scrummy in makeup - I've always had a thing for capt jack sparrow with his eyeliner.

thescurvysockmonsterofdoom Sat 20-Sep-08 17:05:18

I always loved a man in eyeliner too. (but then I am a dodgy goth)

expatinscotland Sat 20-Sep-08 17:07:26

Erm, no.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 20-Sep-08 17:14:13

No would rather be seen dead!! I like men to look like men.

expatinscotland Sat 20-Sep-08 17:47:36

same here, agalch.

cmotdibbler Sat 20-Sep-08 17:50:34

Mine doesn't, although in the past he would wear eyeliner, mascara, nail varnish for goth parties. I rather like men in makeup myself - but again am glam/goth

daftpunk Sat 20-Sep-08 17:52:44

i know this is a total wind up so not even sure why i'm bothering to reply...but no, my dh does not wear make up...he's a man.

undercovercat Sat 20-Sep-08 17:58:14

I have one mate who wears black nail varnish, including his toes, and black eyeliner and purple lipstick.
I have another who just goes for the eyeliner sometimes.
1 of them should have been a woman at birth and unfortunately wasnt.
The other just likes it and is in touch with his feminine side.
Quirky

trefusis Sat 20-Sep-08 18:04:05

Message withdrawn

MadameCastafiore Sat 20-Sep-08 18:20:51

No, but sometimes my knickers! wink

Seriously, No, I would divorce him, it would put me right off and he won't even buy a small dog because he thnks he will look 'like a big raspberry' walking it - make up would never enter his head!

MasterDebater Sat 20-Sep-08 19:16:40

Ambi - I didn't read it as bitchy smile i love the whole boy george type look. Hes very manly without it hes got nice big shoulders and strong legs. He is quite sensitive in his nature (only in private mind) and alot of people used to think he was gay.

Ronaldinhio Sat 20-Sep-08 19:35:05

Sensitive natured man into theatre and wearing makeup seeks.....

nickytwotimes Sat 20-Sep-08 19:36:43

Oh, I love a man in eyeliner.
Not dh though - he is too square and 'man-at-marks-ish, lol!

MadamAnt Sat 20-Sep-08 19:43:05

I love men wearing make-up blush

DH wore a bit of eyeliner and lippy at my behest during our early years (and mainly in the privacy of our own student room wink). I have pics that I still swoooon over.

pointydog Sat 20-Sep-08 19:57:09

No. Not even that keen on wearing clean pants

daftpunk Sat 20-Sep-08 20:10:31

lol pointydog

lovecat Sat 20-Sep-08 20:48:46

Oh, I love a man in slap!

DH looks lush in make up but will only wear it for fancy dress parties/rocky horror show attendance <mutter mutter grumble mutter>

What's not to like about a man in eyeliner?

sex god

oh, wasn't he gorgeous??

and with a username like mine...

shhhh Sat 20-Sep-08 21:15:15

Hmmm.............dh wears concealer on the odd occasion and is into his face creams, aftershaves etc...so mainly the upkeep side which i love but must admit, I wouldn't be keen if he was wearing nail polish and mascara etc..hmm.

Sure its not his coming out party..? wink

BUT if it was someone like dale or stu wearing eyeliner (as they did)..tbh I thought they looked delish..but not on my guy iykiwm...

orangehead Sat 20-Sep-08 21:19:02

Do you have any pics of him about to go to this party?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now