Talk

Advanced search

Advice?

(11 Posts)
ChelleQ Fri 19-Sep-08 14:42:36

Ok so I've hit the mum rut, don't know how many of you have noticed this, but I find myself wearing clothes that I don't really like, because I don't feel I have time to make the effort. I like my rock music, I have my lip pierced and I used to wear eyeliner every day. But since I had my first child I've found less and less time, and been pushed by family to dress more like a "mum". Now of course I hate the way I look, I'm constantly self-conscious and I'm generally fed up, how can I get a sense of me back? I need a new hair cut and I feel like a lot of my wardrobe isn't me, but I dont want to go to school gothed to the hilt either. Any suggestions?

FluffyMummy123 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:43:23

Message withdrawn

BoysArrrrLikeDogs Fri 19-Sep-08 14:45:06

Get your hair cut and styled

Sort out eyebrows

Prune your wardrobe

Ignore others and be true to yourself

<<gavel>>

MasterBatesLePew Fri 19-Sep-08 14:46:33

cod

Miyazaki Fri 19-Sep-08 14:47:27

get rid of the stuff you really don't like. if it's not in your wardrobe you can't wear it. am not a goth so no advice on gothing old gracefully...

go shopping without your kids!

ChelleQ Fri 19-Sep-08 15:53:17

iCod - :D its not so much dressing to match my taste in music, but that is the style I like. If I dressed to my music I would look very confused indeed! I love Classic rock, but I'm a big fan of the Levellers, The Rat Pack, Suzanne Vega, etc.

I feel that I want to keep my original streak. A lot of my friends have traded in their style and I don't want to do that, I like a lot of the more alternative stuff, though I did give up on skater jeans :D Have to move on from some things after all

I never expected my wardrobe to be this complicated shock

YeSaltySlurDog Fri 19-Sep-08 16:00:58

get good jeans and boots and a hat.

Then get lots of tshirts and layer up.

And accessorise everything with scarfs/necklaces/bangles.

Really good boots.

And sort your hair out - go choppy and short.

Jennyusedtobepink Fri 19-Sep-08 16:01:52

Cod - are you a Maniloon or a Fanilow?

YeSaltySlurDog Fri 19-Sep-08 16:05:56

skinny jeans, kate moss stylee.

this might be too much for school run

Miyazaki Fri 19-Sep-08 16:24:19

yeah, if you are an ex-goth, what about black black or grey skinnies, with converse or ballet pumps, t-shirt, scarf type thing?

ChelleQ Sat 20-Sep-08 12:32:27

Thanks guys :D

Salty - Question though, how do you do short and choppy with curly hair, the last time I went short it went crazy blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now