Talk

Advanced search

what do I buy my friend for her 40th? - around £20

(9 Posts)
murphyslaw Fri 19-Sep-08 12:59:51

she doesnt really drink so bubbly out of the question. Not sure what perfume she likes. Thought about jewellery but want something really special ( on a tight budget)

Any suggestions?

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 13:04:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 13:05:06

TracyK Fri 19-Sep-08 13:12:12

A nice picture/photo framed - maybe even a nice photo of the 2 of you? (when you were 30!!)

There are a number of internet based caricature artists that would maybe do you something for that kind of price.

I always like to get someone something they can keep for their 40th.

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 13:13:03

HelenMc1 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:23:49

If I have to buy a present around that budget I go to the local antiques market and buy a vintage constume brooch. They usually have big gold or diamate ones or more subtle turquoise or cameo but I think vintage brooches are fantastic, in these credit crunch times, for making a winter coat or jumper more interesting.

TheNaughtiestGirlKeepsaSecret Fri 19-Sep-08 20:27:28

What about an Orla Keily key ring? Just a treat! OR! If you're REALLY on a budget, get a photo of her at college or something like that printed on to a mug!

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 20:28:09

voucher for a beauty/pampering treatment somewhere?

AnybodyHomeMcFly Fri 19-Sep-08 20:36:19

I love REN toiletries. The damask rose shower range is extraordinarily luxurious - the shower gel and the body lotion are about £20 each and are divine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now