Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

what do I buy my friend for her 40th? - around £20

(9 Posts)
murphyslaw Fri 19-Sep-08 12:59:51

she doesnt really drink so bubbly out of the question. Not sure what perfume she likes. Thought about jewellery but want something really special ( on a tight budget)

Any suggestions?

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 13:04:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 13:05:06

TracyK Fri 19-Sep-08 13:12:12

A nice picture/photo framed - maybe even a nice photo of the 2 of you? (when you were 30!!)

There are a number of internet based caricature artists that would maybe do you something for that kind of price.

I always like to get someone something they can keep for their 40th.

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 13:13:03

HelenMc1 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:23:49

If I have to buy a present around that budget I go to the local antiques market and buy a vintage constume brooch. They usually have big gold or diamate ones or more subtle turquoise or cameo but I think vintage brooches are fantastic, in these credit crunch times, for making a winter coat or jumper more interesting.

TheNaughtiestGirlKeepsaSecret Fri 19-Sep-08 20:27:28

What about an Orla Keily key ring? Just a treat! OR! If you're REALLY on a budget, get a photo of her at college or something like that printed on to a mug!

NoblesseOblige Fri 19-Sep-08 20:28:09

voucher for a beauty/pampering treatment somewhere?

AnybodyHomeMcFly Fri 19-Sep-08 20:36:19

I love REN toiletries. The damask rose shower range is extraordinarily luxurious - the shower gel and the body lotion are about £20 each and are divine!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: