Talk

Advanced search

Just got some lovelyt charity shop bargains!

(9 Posts)
SammyK Fri 19-Sep-08 12:16:15

Unexpectedly got this morning off so went on a charity shop challenge.

With £20 I got

pair of shoes (F+F)

slinky dress (H+M)

black and silver pinstripe shirt (john Richmond)

pair black jeans (next)

Wrap cardigan, lovely aqua green colour (dorothy perkins)

I am well chuffed!! Anyone else love charity shops? My buys were from scope and BHF. smile

ComeOVeneer Fri 19-Sep-08 12:17:22

I bought a lovely Hobbs dress from the charity shop this summer for £5. Probably retails for close to £100!

SammyK Fri 19-Sep-08 12:19:50

Wow COV that's great! smile

My dress is lovely, can't wait to wear it! grin

lisad123 Fri 19-Sep-08 12:19:57

I got DD2 a lovely next coat and a brand new T shirt from H&M for the princely sum of £4

AmIWhatAndWhy Fri 19-Sep-08 12:22:11

I love them too, we are really close to a lovely area and the charity shops are fab for clothes, bric a brac and books.

I often come home with reams of books at 50p each from the cancer research shop.

My favourite recent bargain was a blue willow tea set a couple of weeks ago, marked at £5 but I gave them £10. I'd gotten a blue willow bowl that was my nans and wanted to add to the collection.

I might go tomorrow, without the children, charity shops and toddlers are not a good mix, lol.

SammyK Fri 19-Sep-08 12:27:10

We have a china tea set from charity shop too AmIWhatandwhy! smile We also like books from there for ds, and I often buy toys for childminding too.

LisaD that's great I love H+M. smile

We have lots of charity shops too, and also a market/carboot which has brought us lots of bargains. Got a tonylove playgym for £1 on sunday! shock

lisad123 Fri 19-Sep-08 12:43:51

im just excited about the NCT nearly new sale, i always get lovely stuff there and got loads of boden stuff last time too

beansontoast Fri 19-Sep-08 21:59:37

there is a new one just down the road and it has some great donations/donators....i got a grey 50% wool dress (originally from h&m) ,with a tulip skirt on it...a beauty...for £2.19 (weird price)

and thats not all folks...

a gorgeous, lichen coloured, slouchy bat winged top (it IS gorgeous!)...cotton and silk!...£1.69!

i really rarely make it to the shops proper...and now i dont have to for ages....hoorah.

DrNortherner Fri 19-Sep-08 22:02:57

Oh I love my local charity shop, my best bargains are:

Morgan black fitted jacket £5
Abercrombie & Fitch hoodie £3.99
Pair of lush moda in pelle heels £2.50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now