Talk

Advanced search

Help me find an autumn jacket please

(21 Posts)
StayFrosty Fri 19-Sep-08 10:31:50

I am looking for a double breasted around hip length pea coat type thing in camel, pref in lined cotton. The nearest I have seen is one in Dorothy Perkins (sorry, can't find it on their website or I'd do a link) but tis single breasted and a sort of balloony shape from above the bust, which is not a flattering look on me cos I am short and busty. Also, and I feel like such a granny saying this, but they are not terribly well made - the ones in the shop had buttons coming off already and the bottom edges didn't seem to match up properly when it was fastened - summat i'd expect in, oh say Primark, but not DP. But anyways, i mentioned them because they are the exact colour, length and weight I'm after; close but no cigar iyswim.

Anyhow, any help gratefully received. Oh, and I am looking to spend not more than £40 - yep, I know, i want the moon on a stick. grin

TIA.

FluffyMummy123 Fri 19-Sep-08 10:32:40

Message withdrawn

StayFrosty Fri 19-Sep-08 10:34:13

Ta cod, will ahve a look next time I'm in the big tesco; the one we normally got to is a little piddly one with no clothes tho.

Lizzylou Fri 19-Sep-08 10:35:54

Ebay?
I got a double breasted pea coat in jade green wool for just over £10 (including postage) brand new.
It will do for now, it's not great quality but looks good.

StayFrosty Fri 19-Sep-08 10:39:13

I will have a look.... ta Lizzylou

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 19-Sep-08 10:41:03

Gap, River Island

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_64051_702573_-1

FluffyMummy123 Fri 19-Sep-08 10:41:17

Message withdrawn

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 10:41:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 19-Sep-08 10:42:54

Ew cod that looks like something you'd buy for a tenner down the market. Cheap tastic.

Lizzylou Fri 19-Sep-08 10:43:20

OOh, love the Monsoon one, and the M&S one actually.

Lizzylou Fri 19-Sep-08 10:44:17

LOL TDWP
Cheap as chips, me

littlelapin Fri 19-Sep-08 10:45:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MasterBatesLePew Fri 19-Sep-08 10:47:10

H & M had some a few months ago, I got a nice blue one.

pgwithnumber3 Fri 19-Sep-08 10:48:38

I think I know what you mean Frosty, I had one from Gap a couple of years ago but was in a bluey colour. Tis not a winter type coat though? More Autumn/Spring?

StayFrosty Fri 19-Sep-08 10:49:18

TDWP, that is exactly what I want.....now I need to convince myself tis worth spending extra ££££s on... I will kick off with these two words: machine washable.

cod's gets the thumbs down frm me too... more of a summer vibe than autumn, also not keen on the contrast stitching, as DWP says, it does look a bit el cheapo. LL, that is nice, but longer than wot I want.

StayFrosty Fri 19-Sep-08 10:54:37

LL, thass a nice one, hmm, am a 10/12 tho. BUt v nice, like a bit o jumbo cord meself, very Urge Overkill.

Yah pg, am looking for a light flibberty jibbety thing to see me through till parka weather descends.

gots to go now, <mulling it over emoticon> thanks everybody...

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 19-Sep-08 11:06:24

If you like the one at debenhams it's on the principles website, with 20% off if you order before tomorrow at midnight.

pgwithnumber3 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:17:57

If you want mine Frosty, you are welcome to it, it is just hanging in the wardrobe looking sorry for itself. If you are interested, let me know and I will take a pic. It is a Gap Small but I am a 10/12 atm and pregnant and it fits me fine. My chest is 34DD atm as well. I will post a pic on my profile. It needs an iron and my iron has broke so if you don't mind the few creases in it... You can have it free, just the P&P. smile

pgwithnumber3 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:19:09

Ahh, mine isn't double breasted. Didn't see that bit. You probably want something more fitted. Anyway, no worries, if you don't want it no probs!

StayFrosty Sat 20-Sep-08 10:41:55

Thanks pgwn3, but yeah, I do have my heart set on double breasted, once I get a mental image of something I have to have it.... the words 'machine washable' coupled with the magic formula 20% off have swung the principles one for me.

Oh I never thought I'd be getting excited over a machine washable beige jacket back int he day, is this what ageing feels like?

pgwithnumber3 Sat 20-Sep-08 18:02:23

Ahh no problem StayFrosty, it was worth mentioning. I have a habit of giving my clothes away! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now