Talk

Advanced search

Goodness! i never thought it would make such a difference having a proper make up lesson...

(13 Posts)
moondog Thu 18-Sep-08 22:40:30

from woman at Bobbi Brown counter. She wrote down everything she did and i got all the stuff. Just tried it out now. Blimey!! Even this old boiler looks ok. The eyeshadow is soooooooo kind and flattering. (Costs a bloody fortunes, mind you.)

Anchovy Thu 18-Sep-08 22:43:07

Ooh, I agree - I had someone show me how to put eyeliner on properly the other day and it was brill.

moondog Thu 18-Sep-08 22:46:02

Who showed you?
Friend or prof?
What did she say?
My woman told me to rest my elbow on a surface, which would never have thought of before.
Also thought concealer was a waste of time until now. Mein Gott!!
Still not to sure about powder though. Don't want to look all matte and weird.
My friend owns a restaurant in Pimlico. Said Jerry Hall came in once and was caked in chalky powder and smelt like an old woman.

moondog Thu 18-Sep-08 22:51:55

And using a brush to put on foundation!
Where have I been???

brimfull Thu 18-Sep-08 23:15:31

brush is fab isn't it

a bit of painting in the morning..such fun

what eye hsadow did you get?

moondog Thu 18-Sep-08 23:17:53

She sorted me out 2 sets
Day: Bone + Blonde + Copper sand
Evening: Navaho + Grey + Heather Mauve

Wouldn't have picked any of them but they are great. The bone all over eyelid looks great but would never have worked that one out myself.

brimfull Thu 18-Sep-08 23:18:56

ooh I have bone one

what colour is the blonde one?

brimfull Thu 18-Sep-08 23:19:31

you must have spent a fortune

moondog Thu 18-Sep-08 23:20:19

Blonde is (bizarrely) darket than bone. It's like a milky coffee.
They just sliiiide on so easily.
Tis an epiphany chez Moonie tonight.

moondog Thu 18-Sep-08 23:20:41

I did. Hundreds.
I can't believe it.

mablemurple Thu 18-Sep-08 23:33:16

Love Bobbi Brown stuff. It lasts ages - I've still got eyeshadows I bought 18 months ago, even though I use them practically every day. Did you get any of the cream eyeshadows? They are fab, and don't crease at all (and I am the Queen of Oily Skin).

moondog Thu 18-Sep-08 23:36:00

No, just the powder. I've never useed cream one tbh.

Anchovy Thu 18-Sep-08 23:49:36

YY re brush for foundation - I use those new "By Terry" things from Space NK which are like huge touche eclat - brilliant. I am the dewiest looking 44 year old you can imagine.

Eye-liner was one of those felt tip jobbies and make up girl made me look brill - I had been doing it all wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now