FluffyMummy123 Thu 18-Sep-08 22:08:12

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fishie Thu 18-Sep-08 22:10:12

m&s

missblythe Thu 18-Sep-08 22:10:44

Have a look on the debenhams website. They have 100s of bags

fishie Thu 18-Sep-08 22:14:15

m&s have some nice autograph ones but they do not put dimensions on so you have to visit shop. fools.

fishie Thu 18-Sep-08 22:15:54

must add that is the most rank lot of bag pics i have ever seen. they are worth a visit though.

fishie Thu 18-Sep-08 22:17:20

i do not like the satchel myself, but that is because a portrait rather than landscape style suits me. is it very expensive? red is lovely.

FromGirders Thu 18-Sep-08 22:21:00

I am currently coveting this

Junipero Thu 18-Sep-08 22:28:35

TopShop have some gorgeous bags at the moment. I have just bought a black slouch one but can't find it on the website to link - sorry!

brimfull Thu 18-Sep-08 23:25:06

I got a nice one from East the other day,not leather.
Big ,zipper ,looks like leather

£28

themildmannneredjanitor Fri 19-Sep-08 14:27:59

will check out east.
i am very tempted by the red satchel.

RhubarbEatsBiscuitsOnTheBog Fri 19-Sep-08 14:31:26

Yes now I find that in the current climate of financial fear, people are downsizing their handbags to ones of slighly less proportions than the one you have described. Certainly leather is considered a needless luxury these days. Designer bags may have to be reconsidered to make them more affordable to people who are now reduced to shopping at Aldi.

Therefore the solution to your problem is quite simple. A plastic bag. Waterproof, reusable, sealable if you tie a knot in the handles and versatile. I thank you!

OsmosisBanana Fri 19-Sep-08 14:33:09

I got a biggun in Topshop for £35 for exactly the same purpose. Is that an acceptable amount of ££?

It's yellow, a colour I normally run away from as fast as I can.... There were others in the same style in diff colours. In fact, all their bags were suitable and perfectly pleasant to look at.

themildmannneredjanitor Fri 19-Sep-08 14:36:05

ok -will look in topshop. not sure about yellow though!!

grin at rhubabrb-but rubs when one is forced to retrain in this financial climate one must have the tools to make that re training possible surely?

blithedance Fri 19-Sep-08 21:05:13

MMJ, I have just gone back to work and faced with needing a bag big enough to put an A4 notebook and couple of reports in as well as sandwiches/purse etc.

Have examined all your links with interest.

I got an email from Filofax this week promoting this (the grey one) on special offer - too laptop-briefcase-blokey?

this more expensive but more feminine.

cthea Fri 19-Sep-08 22:25:26

That last one in the link weighs 1.4 kg empty!

Large bags lose their shape quite easily once you take out the inflated pillow inside they use on display.

florenceuk Sat 20-Sep-08 09:59:24

muji have lots: eg here and this here

themildmannneredjanitor Sat 20-Sep-08 10:32:41

thanks for all the links.
the red satchel is still my favourite!

i'll have to have a good look aroundthe shps and a feel of things.

cornsilk Sun 21-Sep-08 20:54:52

mmj where is that red satchel from?

JackieNo Sun 21-Sep-08 21:00:43

Here, cornsilk, I think (scroll down for the different sizes).

zippitippitoes Sun 21-Sep-08 21:02:01

miss seolfridge a ig brown bag

cornsilk Sun 21-Sep-08 21:17:52

Thanks jackie that's exactly the kind of thing I am after. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now