Talk

Advanced search

Neither high fashonista nor fat frump am I, so what do I wear for an evening out?

(14 Posts)
robinpud Thu 18-Sep-08 09:55:50

I need some going out clothes, to mix and match, for meals out, pubs and the occasional club.
Am size 10 top/12 bottom; don't do skinny jeans, want ideas for things which will look dressy but not overdone and can be reworn.
Inspire me please

Szyslak Thu 18-Sep-08 10:26:25

Ok, not skinny jeans, but still jeans.

Nice fitted (very fitted) bootleg jeans, in dark denim.

heels.

Stiletto sparkly sandals, or even high heeled boots, depending on dressiness required.

Ok, so then tops. depends very much on what suits you.

I have large norks and arm issues, so favour a very fitted shirt with cleavage and pretty bra and show.

If you have good arms, you have more choice, Lots of high necked chiffony blouses around at the moment which I love but can't wear.

Hmm, I;ll think at bit more...

nailpolish Thu 18-Sep-08 10:26:47

first you need a LBD

can bedressed up or down for ANY occasion

next you meed a pretty top to wear with jeans like this one

dark kick flares suit almost everyone

achecked shirt is a must this year loads here

ankle boot

i saw this coat in the flesh the other day and it was delicious

this fab with jeans or dress

a pair of charcoal trousers (better than black imo) are really handy to have as you can wear to pub and feel dressy but not TOO much iyswim. like these

noddyholder Thu 18-Sep-08 10:33:45

nailpolish you need to come round and edit all my tat!

Szyslak Thu 18-Sep-08 10:38:08

I bought a great LBD from M and S (suprisingly).

It's kind of crossed over at the frot, so hinds any tummy and gives a gorgeous cleavage and neckline. Very flattering.

robinpud Thu 18-Sep-08 16:51:10

I have the LBD occasions covered, it's the less dressy stuff I need. I like the jeans and tops, not sure about a checked shirt for evening, am small and toned up top so anything at doesn't come right up to the neck suits me. My other problem is being seriously nesh so need something to keep me warm.
Nailpolish, I'm going shopping on Saturday.. are you free?!

FluffyMummy123 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:52:43

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:53:36

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:54:29

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:54:57

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:56:11

Message withdrawn

bundle Thu 18-Sep-08 16:57:50

don't get peg trews - they are soooo (only) this season

the other day in Cos I saw a few nice things - a gorgeous orange audrey hepburn jacket, a long, green loosish sweater dress that would look fab over jeans or leggings, and some nice simple jewellery.

FluffyMummy123 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:59:07

Message withdrawn

bundle Thu 18-Sep-08 17:31:46

snort!
no, should I????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now