Talk

Advanced search

ok, I'd like something like leggings but much thicker like skinny jeans but thinner??

(12 Posts)
drinkmoretea Wed 17-Sep-08 20:17:59

skinny stretchy trousers???

do they exist??

and cheaper the better... grin

tia

lovecat Wed 17-Sep-08 20:23:23

Do you live near Camden Market? I'm going back a bit now, but there was a stall there that sold the best leggings in the world, they were thick jersey with something silly like 20% lycra in them, high waisted, they act like control pants (and are dead flattering, just like you say, skinny jeans but thinner)!

Not hideously expensive either and in a fair few different colours. In the open-air market on the left hand side of the road as you come up from Camden tube towards the Roundhouse (if that makes sense!), before you get to the bridge. The stall is/was at the front of the market so you don't have to delve too far in!

<<realises she hasn't been to Camden Market in 3 years and so may be hopelessly out of date...>>

drinkmoretea Wed 17-Sep-08 20:26:09

I don't live anywhere near unfortunately, but they sound great!

JackieNo Wed 17-Sep-08 20:33:20

Possibly American Apparel - the delightfully named faux denim? Or several others, but you'd really have to see them in the flesh to know whether they were really what you were after.

controlfreakinfreaky Wed 17-Sep-08 20:37:07

i think the techniocal term is "treggings" hmm

JackieNo Wed 17-Sep-08 20:40:00

omg controlfreaky - I didn't believe you, but you're rightshock.

drinkmoretea Wed 17-Sep-08 20:40:08

aah I did wonder what 'treggings' were! Just thought it was a weird name for leggings!!

JackieNo Wed 17-Sep-08 20:42:13

Topshop have treggings. That's such an ugly word. Fugly, one might even saygrin.

drinkmoretea Wed 17-Sep-08 20:43:23

those asos ones still look like leggings though? do you think they are thicker?

just worried as I am a lumpy size 12 and really wouldn't want to wear leggings...

JackieNo Wed 17-Sep-08 20:46:42

Not cheap but maybe?

drinkmoretea Wed 17-Sep-08 20:50:52

jackieno, i like those!!

controlfreakinfreaky Wed 17-Sep-08 21:21:14

jn, i am ALWAYS right.... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now