Talk

Advanced search

suggestions for alternatives to jeans for SAHM with little fashion sense please..

(9 Posts)
fairylights Wed 17-Sep-08 14:19:19

just looking at my "winter" wardrobe and realizing that last winter (my first as a SAHM/not pg) i basically lived in 2 pairs of wide-ish leg jeans (obviously not at the same time grin) and would really, really REALLY like to try to branch out this autumn winter..i don't have an innate sense of style so often tend towards safe but dull clothes but am 5'11" tall and about a 14 on the bottom half of me (a definite pear) so often don't fit into standard sized stuff and skimpy styles just makes me look awful..
Anyways, specific suggestions for other casual trouser ideas or even skirts (!) very welcome. Thanks! smile

SmugColditz Wed 17-Sep-08 14:25:34

oh wow, long legs, get them out!

nice warm baby cord skirts or all colours, black tights, black boots

here

http://www.montage.co.uk/Cord-Skirt-with-Belt/productdisplay.stm?An=673&A=34K3 37%5F20&N=686+673+695+702+4294967090+4294966571&Au=P%5FMasterItem&Nu=P%5FMasterItem&Ns=P%5FColour%7C 0%7C%7CP%5FSize%7C0 here]]

SmugColditz Wed 17-Sep-08 14:26:07

hh

Anna8888 Wed 17-Sep-08 14:26:16

I have a pair of military green jodhpurs; a pair of slim fit flat fronted black trousers; a pair of slim fit three quarter length camouflage pants; a pair of skinny white jeans (nearly dead) for everyday, in addition to jeans.

fairylights Wed 17-Sep-08 14:30:40

thanks for the links smugcolditz - you know the ridiculous thing is that i have 2 skirts that look exactly like the links you sent me, i just thought they were wildly unfashionable! How encouraging!!! I will get them out and flaunt them now..
hmm think what i am really going to need is some fabulous boots to wear with them..
find it hard to find tiny heeled/flat boots that are attractive - anyone got any ideas on that front?

SmugColditz Wed 17-Sep-08 14:33:18

fuck fashion, fashion is for fourteen year olds.

Have style!

fairylights Wed 17-Sep-08 14:45:03

<sigh> you are sooo right - i want to be stylish, not fashionable!!

kt14 Wed 17-Sep-08 19:29:59

Fat Face cords, as comfy and practical as jeans - the boulder ones are lovely, look great with a jumper and boots - would post link but they've disappeared off the site, only got mine last week so should still be in stores. Come in fairly long length I think..

Also got the drum trouser - www.fatface.com/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-productgrid&bsref=fatface&step=shopcartmulti&invt=21111&orderco l=alphanu&layout=productdetail

fairylights Thu 18-Sep-08 20:47:44

ooh yes they look lovely and comfy, might invest in a pair of those..thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now