Talk

Advanced search

Am I being unreasonable to think that £9.50 'Autograph' pure merino wool tights should last longer than 5 hours???????

(11 Posts)
Lauriefairycake Wed 17-Sep-08 09:36:05

hmm

Bought yesterday, popped them on at lunchtime - by evening they had worn through in the heel - not pulled, nor laddered but worn through as if they were ten year old wool.

That makes it a massively expensive cost per wear - I was hoping they'd last all winter like all normal thick tights do.

I wouldn't have bought them but they were the only navy tights they did.

Bugger. Do you think I should complain - obviously I still have the receipt.

SoupDragon Wed 17-Sep-08 09:36:45

Definitely complain.

do you have particularly crusty heels?

Lauriefairycake Wed 17-Sep-08 09:38:26

I do not have crusty heels grin

smooth as a babies botty here (just done a pedicure yesterday)

stretchmarkqueen Wed 17-Sep-08 09:40:11

lol @ 'crusty heels'!!

Agree with complaining!

cupsoftea Wed 17-Sep-08 09:40:48

goodness - take them back

shock

Take then straight back.

At the till speak loudly of you extreme dissatisafction at the product you have brought from a trusted brand. Point out that with their new 'eco' credentials 5 hours wear from a rair of tights reaaly doesn't cut it. grin

shock

Take then straight back.

At the till speak loudly of you extreme dissatisafction at the product you have brought from a trusted brand. Point out that with their new 'eco' credentials 5 hours wear from a rair of tights reaaly doesn't cut it. grin

littlelapin Wed 17-Sep-08 09:42:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

See, do it twice, it will be far more effective, grin

Seasider Wed 17-Sep-08 09:44:13

Take them back. Crusty heels! Am slathering my heels in cream twice a day at mo, no more hoof heel here!

widgypog Wed 17-Sep-08 13:23:42

I work in retail and just wanted to point out that they will take them back without an argument I am sure >please don't be mean to the sales assistant ..I have never raised my voice in a shop and I always get what I want..works much better to be polite and just explain they are shit and not fit for purpose. )possibly miss out the shit bit)wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now