Talk

Advanced search

where can i can a NICE waterproof, snuggly warm coat

(4 Posts)
justneedsomesleep Tue 16-Sep-08 21:01:39

Was peeing with rain when took dd to playgroup this morning and had borrowed dh's old 'waterproof' coat, only to later discover my arms and back were soacked.
Think it was shoewer proof, not totally waterproof.

I need one that looks quite stylish and is warm (will be walking a lot!).

Had a look at Boden, but all out of stock and never ordered from there before.
Would usually got a woollen one but now accept that i am a mum and need a semi - sensible one and don't want to smell like wet dog!

Any ideas? Good websites?

surprise Tue 16-Sep-08 21:34:26

I really struggled with this a couple of years ago, so ended up with a black Berghaus "proper" walking coat. I have to say it's been the best thing I've ever bought! And everyone always comments on how nice I look when I wear it. I think it's because it has a waist and is cut nicely. Cost about £120, which isn't cheap, but it's utterly waterproof, very warm (you can have a fleecy layer attached inside, but I've never needed it as it's windproof) and can be machine washed. If you intend to do a lot of walking then it's probably best to buy a good one. With regard to DH's coat, you can buy waterproofing spray or wax-type stuff that you put in the washing machine with it to waterproof it. Not the answer you were looking for, but hope this is some help! Will try to find pic and link to it for you.

moondog Tue 16-Sep-08 21:36:05

Hah!
Was about to post same!
I have just had one from Lands End on recommendation of MNer but it is huge and I suspect frumpy, and looks like something from a seconds shop (although bloody warm). I want a casual one like you and a smart one for work..

surprise Tue 16-Sep-08 21:47:53

it's a bit like this one, www.berghaus.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=1407&Gear=3 but not identical.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now