Talk

Advanced search

Fashion for tall ladies

(10 Posts)
gibba8 Tue 16-Sep-08 20:26:25

I have just turned 40 and I am nearly 6" tall. Find it so difficult to find age appropriate clothes to fit. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to try?

sumomum Tue 16-Sep-08 20:39:10

Long Tall Sally? M&S also have a good selection of trousers.

anyfucker Tue 16-Sep-08 20:42:10

Zara

their trousers are always very long and also sleeves

I sympathise, I am in your situation

TequilaMockinBird Tue 16-Sep-08 20:42:59

Long Tall Sally do have quite a good range although they are a bit pricey for me sad.

I'm 6ft and the problem I have is finding trousers long enough. I have a 36"/37" inside leg and the only places I can get trousers are LTS (in the sale!), Dorothy Perkins Tall range and New Look Tall range.

IIRC even M&S' long length aren't long enough for me!

shush3 Tue 16-Sep-08 20:46:23

tall girls is another site you might want to try,

Also look for tall on ebay,

next also have tall range on line.

I'm 6ft and currently searching for a new coat have very long arms so its a nightmare.

sumomum Tue 16-Sep-08 20:50:41

Next also have a extra long measurement too I think. Not often available in store,however, you can order znd they deliver.

I have the same problem trying to find long sleve jackets angry

sumomum Tue 16-Sep-08 20:51:27

Next also have a extra long measurement too I think. Not often available in store,however, you can order znd they deliver.

I have the same problem trying to find longer arm jackets angry

mehgalegs Tue 16-Sep-08 20:52:13

I'm 6ft2 and will be 40 far too soon. I shop at tallgirls, Dotty Ps and LTS. New Look also do a tall range. Tequilla, I too have a 37" inside leg, even LTS trousers can be too short.

I went to the LTS in Brighton last weekend but was very disappointed.

cwtchy Tue 16-Sep-08 20:52:17

I agree that Long Tall Sally are expensive. www.tallgirls.co.uk has some nice stuff sometimes, and the prices are a bit more reasonable.

I'm 5ft11 and I seem to get more problems finding well-fitting tops these days than trousers. They seem to be cut so short, especially in the cheaper high street shops.

cwtchy Tue 16-Sep-08 20:53:15

Ah, by the time I worked out how to do links, lots of people have mentioned Tallgirls!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now