Talk

Advanced search

QS needs a style make over - Getting Ready to JOBHUNT.

(6 Posts)
QuintessentialShadow Tue 16-Sep-08 08:32:09

What should I do with my hair. It is long blonde and curly.

What should I do with my body. It is too big (size 16 going on 18)

What should I wear? (Not formal suit)

After 8 years doing the same, I am convincing myself to take the leap out of running own company to ..... something else entirely

QuintessentialShadow Tue 16-Sep-08 09:21:56

what nobody? shock

This is a LIFE CHANGING event! grin

KatieDD Tue 16-Sep-08 09:30:27

I'm in the same boat for 8 years I have sucessfully run my own company, employed staff, managed accounts, helped customers, whilst wearing a dressing gown.
I think I will have to go back to work in the next 6 months too which doesn't fill me with glee but I'll need at least 2 nice suits. Jigsaw was always my favourite. And nice shoes make you feel confident, I always wear my hair up or get it blow dried before the interview.
Body, drink loads of water and cut out the goodies for a few weeks, makes a big difference.
Good luck
x

QuintessentialShadow Tue 16-Sep-08 09:46:36

Oh, we should create a thread: Beating the Credit Crunch through leaving own company to seek employment.

sad needs must and all that.

Thanks, will exercise, drink water and stay off sweets.

I am thinking shoulderlenght,slightly longer at the front hair (that can be in a bun when bathing the kids).

Cant do jigsaw here. No suit environment. But can do nice trousers, nice shirt and a trendy scarf sort of thing. Tailored jacket or coat.

TheFallenMadonna Tue 16-Sep-08 09:59:36

I am going back to work soon. Yay!

I shall be wearing smart trousers, shirts/plain tops and short cardigans.

Hair shoulder length, wavy, up in a clip or down.

Bosy (slowly) diminishing with gentle diet change (and less wine).

KatieDD Tue 16-Sep-08 10:42:45

I think resession is the word we're looking for, hence I'm getting back sooner rather than later if I leave it much longer there won't be any jobs to apply for. Although round here it's all government roles anyway which I'd rather starve than take sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now