Talk

Advanced search

Please Help me find a wedding dress!

(13 Posts)
memoo Mon 15-Sep-08 22:15:56

Dp and I are having a low key, civil wedding at a hotel.

I don't want to wear a wedding dress as such but still want to look fab. I desperately need some help and advice thought.

What do I wear???

Im rubbish at stuff like this!

SquiffyHock Mon 15-Sep-08 22:17:34

What sort of styles do you like? Do you want an evening dress? White/cream or colour? What size are you? What are your best bits that you'd like to show off?

V. exciting smile

memoo Mon 15-Sep-08 22:27:59

I like prom style dresses, but can't have anything above my kness. I'm a size 14 with quite a large bust so have to be careful what I wear at the top. I definately want something with colour, I love greens and blues.

I'm so excited! But as I don't often get chance to get so dressed up I have no idea where to begin. I usually like a lot of the dresses they have in Monsoon but I can't see anything at all on their website that I like

AnotherFineMess Mon 15-Sep-08 22:33:04

I think that Coast are great for this kind of dress - do you like this?

AnotherFineMess Mon 15-Sep-08 22:34:27

Or this?

Am I on the right lines?

memoo Mon 15-Sep-08 22:36:37

LOVE the blue one, that kind of thing would be just perfect, and its a good price too!

You've done good smile

SquiffyHock Mon 15-Sep-08 22:37:34

Coast
really pretty
gorgeous colour
very simple
another great colour

The great thing about Coast is that they usually have a seamstress so you can have it fitted to you which can make all the difference.

SquiffyHock Mon 15-Sep-08 22:38:19

You're quicker than me Another!!

SquiffyHock Mon 15-Sep-08 22:40:43

maybe not as dressy but lovely

AnotherFineMess Mon 15-Sep-08 22:41:34

Great minds Squiffyhock.

The prom dresses are lovely because you can add a little shrug-type thing for the ceremony - maybe silver or ivory? - and then whip it off for the dancey-reception part.

And you can wear that kind of dress again, like on wedding anniversaries, which is a massive bonus.

I'd do for a lovely colour but accessorise with silver or ivory shoes & bags etc to make it more weddingy.

christiana Mon 15-Sep-08 22:45:33

Message withdrawn

drinkmoretea Mon 15-Sep-08 22:54:14

How about this:

http://www.asos.com/Rachel-Bilson/Asos/Asos-Twisted-Strap-Maxi-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.as px?iid=278917&cid=5186&clr=Purple&sh=0

drinkmoretea Mon 15-Sep-08 23:15:07

or this:

www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/35208486

sorry cant seem to get links working...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now