Talk

Advanced search

Guest at a wedding - help needed

(14 Posts)
carries Sun 14-Sep-08 20:19:45

I'm going to a wedding in 4 weeks time. Live in Scotland so expecting it to be damp and quite cold weather. I'm a size 16 with too much post baby fat, 5 7" with curves and chunky legs. I don't suit short knee length skirts or mid length for that matter. Stick to long skirts, or trousers. But would like to wear a dress or skirt for the wedding. Apparently I don't look a size 16, well I sure do feel it. So need to look and feel good and comfortable. Usual high street style not suiting me. Some of the dresses make me look like a 1950s housewife gone wrong, and those pencil skirts - uh-uh! So what do I wear?

RubySlippers Sun 14-Sep-08 20:23:07

how are your boobs? grin

saw this today - disclaimer it is M & S so looks pants you will need to try on

i think you could really look fab in it and the lace is a wee bit glam but not OTT

you could wear opaque tights and fab jet black beads

RubySlippers Sun 14-Sep-08 20:26:41

fab colour

carries Sun 14-Sep-08 20:27:35

Boobs so not as pert as used to be (blame on the babies!). But good size without being massive or flat. (DD or E fyi or tmi?) Looks good on the model but I really don't suit short stuff any more. 10 Years ago I did!

carries Sun 14-Sep-08 20:28:45

I like it! May need to revisit knee length skirts and dresses

Lizzylou Sun 14-Sep-08 20:30:36

I love that Teal dress, it would be really flattering (I am a Busty size 14/16 and 5ft 9" so similar to you, this would look good on me).

RubySlippers Sun 14-Sep-08 20:31:17

so, you can go for a v-neck/slash neck

some more dresses here, but can't see anything long

can you go for knee length boots?

JackieNo Sun 14-Sep-08 20:41:23

I rather like this, but maybe you'd prefer a bit more colour?
Similar in navy
Love the shape of the front of this.

JackieNo Sun 14-Sep-08 20:43:06

Lovely skirt - looks fairly long.

JackieNo Sun 14-Sep-08 20:48:08

Gorgeous - if you loved that other teal dress - same colour, I think.
Or red, but that one looks a bit shorter.

carries Sun 14-Sep-08 20:59:50

Love the vintage tea dress in Boden. And JackieNo, I love those Principles dresses especially the navy one! These days I tend to shop more and more in Principles (I'm getting old, 34 actually).

Do you think that jersey dresses can be worn by post baby fat women? I tend to go for non-cling and lets hide the lumps and many bumps as much as poss. But maybe I need to experiment more with style.

JackieNo Sun 14-Sep-08 21:01:25

Jersey OK as long as it's not too tight, and you may need to invest in some smoothing underwear, to minimise lumps and bumps.

carries Sun 14-Sep-08 21:01:25

Knee length boots - good idea!

carries Sun 14-Sep-08 21:03:02

JackieNo, will remember the smoothing underwear. angry that i need it now cos don't exercise enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now