Advanced search

Rubber soled boots

(8 Posts)
Gobbledigook Sun 14-Sep-08 15:16:20

Anyone know if you can have them repaired? It's a one piece rubber sole, iykwim, and there is a hole in the heel of one. Is there any way to fix that or will I have to bin them (I LOVE these boots and do not want to bin them!).

raspberrytart Sun 14-Sep-08 19:10:38

This has happened to me too so watching with interest! i too love the boots just need re-soled.
My neighbour said you can send them away (think she mentioned shoe doctor, they re-sole dr martens)
Will speak to her

raspberrytart Mon 15-Sep-08 09:01:01

There is a place in Newcastle called shoe doctor and a place in Preston called shoe care but I'm sure yu could get them repaired in other places
good luck

NorbertDentressangle Mon 15-Sep-08 09:04:01

Do you have any old-fashioned independent cobblers near you? If so take the boots along to them -IME they are much more helpful than any of the chain ones who are not interested.

If they can't help they may be able to recommend someone/something.

Gobbledigook Mon 15-Sep-08 12:05:00

Hmm, not sure - will get dh to take them and see what can be done. I can't really see how they can fix them tbh without replacing the entire sole.

raspberrytart Mon 15-Sep-08 19:31:09

I took mine to place in Newcastle today and for new rubbersoles and heels £17 the pair
thought that was very reasonable but do what norbert says go to independant spot
Good luck

Gobbledigook Tue 16-Sep-08 08:12:18

Oh that sounds promising! Mine are not like Doc Marten soles - they are like grey rubber, all one piece. Anyway, will try!

Gobbledigook Wed 17-Sep-08 23:25:21

yay - they can be repaired for £9.95! Bargainous (not a real word, I know) and I love these boots so very glad I don't have to chuck them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now