Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser in Bethnal Green, Victoria Park area

(6 Posts)
Jops Sat 13-Sep-08 16:09:14

Can anyone recommend a good salon (for cut & colour) in the Bethnal Green / Victoria Park area? Thanks!

spudballoo Sat 13-Sep-08 20:24:41

I live in Vicky Park. I have used the hairdresser on Broadway Market before (can't remember what it's called, Hair Salon or something really obvious). Kelly did my hair for a while, she was good but the woman who owns it is a cow and was frequently rude to me!

I've been to Lewis Paul, new, on Lauriston Rd near Vicky Park and it was ok.

My children, and a lot of friends (not children), go to Idol Hair on Victoria Park Road.

I now go to Taylor Taylor on Cheshire St (also have a salon on Commercial Road) just near Brick Lane and they are TOTALLY FABULOUS! Best hair I've ever had. They have a site, www.taylortaylorlondon.com I think. I have Nikolas and he's fab.

x

MorningTownRide Sat 13-Sep-08 20:32:03

I used to live on Cassland and Idol Hair is fab.

DO NOT in any circumstances go to the one on the corner where the bagel shop is. I can't remember the name of it though. Spud, any ideas?

I had the worst hair cut there.

Well, it was probably a good cut but but what I asked for.

I had takedn my glasses off and couldn't see what she was doing.

It looked like I'd asked for a number 2...

Jops Sat 13-Sep-08 22:19:18

This is great, thanks! 'Fraid I have already been to the one near the bagel shop - hence the desperate search!!!

Jops Sat 13-Sep-08 22:37:14

Feel I should qualify that last statement - the cut wasn't bad (neither was the colour) but I just prefer a more pampering / relaxing experience as it is very rare I get out of the house these days without one of my children in tow!!

spudballoo Sun 14-Sep-08 14:23:09

Oh God, yes the one near the Bagel Shop..I hate that woman she was SO rude to me when I asked if she cut children's hair. She prety much slammed the door in my face. I had a blow dry there which was ok. Jolanda something is it called?

You will be pampered at Taylor Taylor. The salon in Cheshire St is very art deco and glam, and small. I really like it. I hven't been to the commercial road one, but it's big and v modern I think?

TT have a little garden, if the weather is good you sit out there will a glass of something lovely while your colour sorts itself out! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now