Talk

Advanced search

pants for " aroudn town" wtf

(23 Posts)
CostaRicanCod Sat 13-Sep-08 11:04:32

bought osmeof htese in Gap eyst for that after work before bed time thing when i dont wantt o wear a suit/ tailored trews or pyjamas

but look at the description
i dont htink id wear them aroudn town oh no.

littlelapin Sat 13-Sep-08 11:05:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CostaRicanCod Sat 13-Sep-08 11:05:58

no
htey look great on tbh- arse reducing.
w as caught shrot wiht a warrant the other day. wa sin pjs at 5 30 as had got drenched and cold

littlelapin Sat 13-Sep-08 11:08:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BarefootShirl Sat 13-Sep-08 11:40:12

I have a pair very similar and admit to wearing them out and about blush Just a word of warning though - with mine VPL is inevitable unless I go without.

CostaRicanCod Sat 13-Sep-08 11:57:22

i had to chnage! boo hoo

used2bthin Sat 13-Sep-08 13:33:56

I looked in our GAP for "loungewear" today, nothing but super clingy tops in dull colours but the website has got lots of nice stuff. I want it for wearing in hospital when DD has her op next month. A ridiculous reason for new clothes I know, but I always feel stupid there in normal clothes as, whats the point, but hate talking to doctors in my pjs. Wish our Gap would get a move on and get some nice stuff in.

southeastastra Sat 13-Sep-08 13:36:18

ew women wear these around our town all the time, they wouldn't if they could see their arses

DrNortherner Sat 13-Sep-08 13:38:26

I like. I have some sililar from H&M.

Would not wear around town, but would wear to corner shop.

Btw barefoot - get thee to M&S for some microfibre pants - no more VPL.

used2bthin Sat 13-Sep-08 13:40:13

H and M is what I need DrNorthener I think. We don't have one here and I am forever seeing people suggest it for childrens and adults clothes.

Cappuccino Sat 13-Sep-08 13:41:23

we can buy clothes for our children's hospital stays?

oh god fantastic

roll on November

used2bthin Sat 13-Sep-08 13:48:49

Lol I am anyway Cappuccino, we spend enough time there!

Majeika Sat 13-Sep-08 13:52:49

used2b I am thinking the same thing as ds goes into hosp in 2 weeks and I am wondering what to wear

hmm at me!!!!!!

Think I might just wear my nice black/turq tracksuit bottoms which are comfy and casual and...............I dunno..........now I have written it it sounds horrible!

What does one wear in hospital??

used2bthin Sat 13-Sep-08 13:55:40

Well people wear anything really. If we've gone in in the night I am often in pjs till someone brings me some clothes so I wouldn't worry too much. I always notice the mums who look smart though and think, ahh someone must have relieved them so they could go home and shower etc. I usually wear my normal stuff tbh minus make up and jewellery or I wear jogging bottoms type stuff. I want a nice warm zippy or jumper though because I'm always freezing at night.

CostaRicanCod Sat 13-Sep-08 15:08:34

lol a t hospital wear

Heifer Sat 13-Sep-08 16:04:07

Why are they called pants!

these are pants

Those awful things you linked to are trousers!

Definately not to be worn around town (unless you are the type to wear with hooped earrings and stilletos)... wink

Heifer Sat 13-Sep-08 16:05:54

ah crap spelling/typing.. due to having chopped half my fingsr off when washing up and can't use middle finger on left hand....

But all is not lost, still can give the finger with my right hand if needed.... grin

SmugColditz Sat 13-Sep-08 16:06:44

They are not pants they are jogging bottoms. Or loungewear. They are NOT pants.

These are pants

cocolepew Sat 13-Sep-08 16:08:11

You can get the same thing in Asda for a fiver. Can't vouch for arse reducing though.

cocolepew Sat 13-Sep-08 16:09:52

My Mum has a 'hospital bag' it's all packed and ready to go if she gets taken into hospital. Numpty.

Heifer Sat 13-Sep-08 16:11:22

sorry snug I think my pants link is so much nicer to view thsn yours.... grin

LittleDorrit Sat 13-Sep-08 21:30:09

They are called pants (see above posts) because it's Gap's US website. In the US and Australia the words "pants" is used to refer to trousers.

used2bthin Sun 14-Sep-08 12:14:37

Ccolepew I used to have a similar thing for DD with pjs for me, a spare muslin cloth for her etc in and a BRA. The amount of times I've had to rush DD in in middle of the night and ended up talking to doctors wearing sick covered stuff and no bra! That was when she was in and out a lot though I don't have one anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now