Talk

Advanced search

talk to me about orla kiely bags please..

(10 Posts)
missymum Fri 12-Sep-08 21:48:06

so am thinking of getting one as been given some birthday cash. leather ones out of my price range so thinking the laminate/oilcloth type. So what i need to know is.. which shape and print never dates , and which looks good for everyday use? am willing to buy from ebay as less keen on the most recent prints on the website. Is orla still sought after? Feeling nervous as NEVER spent this much on a bag before... help!

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:56:02

I wouldn't imo spend that much on a bag that will date imo. I don't know anything about them but just glanced at the website..

Imo spend your cash on a lV bag..never dates and from experience hold or increase their value. smile.

LetThemEatCake Fri 12-Sep-08 22:00:03

the think about OK is that her stuff is so instantly recognisable as OK ... which is alright for iconic bags like the Hermes Birkin, but otherwise ... I'd say no.

what is your budget? have you looked at ignes? Leather and lovely!

LetThemEatCake Fri 12-Sep-08 22:00:30

the THING, I mean

mazzystar Fri 12-Sep-08 22:06:40

I like them a lot. I have three. They are very practical and cheer up boring outfits.

I think they will date - they are not an investment piece imo - so only buy if you like them for what they are.

etchasketch Fri 12-Sep-08 22:06:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

missymum Fri 12-Sep-08 22:16:19

hmm. have about £130 so ignes etc way too expensive.. thats why am thinking orla as more realistic £ for me and i love the stem print. dont mind it if does not hold its value ( although looking at ebay they seem to...). its more about wanting a practical bag that looks great and i could use alot .. thanks all!

macherie Sat 13-Sep-08 12:20:23

I love OK bags, they are really practical, don't mind the rain and if you choose wisely they will go with lots in your wardrobe. I think the idea of a bag holding it's value is ridiculous, choose a beautiful bag that will give you pleasure every time you use it.

I'm not mad about the colours she's using this season but ebay usually has a good selection.

Actually there is a sample sale on in London this weekend here, which usually means there'll be lots on ebay in the next few weeks!

If you have dc the sling bag is great, no hands wink

weepootle Sat 13-Sep-08 20:04:34

Go for it missymum, I have 3 OK bags (all oilcloth), my oldest one is about 5 years old (stem print) and it hasn't dated one bit. Don't quite see how they'll date when they're already in a retro style.

missymum Sun 14-Sep-08 19:38:01

have seen lovely few on ebay.am preparing self for potential bidding war!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now