Talk

Advanced search

Need help from you Gok-wannabes to find me a nice coat

(14 Posts)
Umlellala Fri 12-Sep-08 20:38:38

I am short (5ft 2)
slim/petite - size 8-10 (actually post-baby size 10)
largish bfing boobs

Will this look nice? I like the flarey arms. And the colour. But it's not 'petite'.

Or can you help me find something around the same price (could spend bit more maybe) - not black, single-breasted I am guessing, flattering, bit funky/different..? Online if poss (hard to go shopping for coats with 8 week old)

THANKS! grin

Umlellala Fri 12-Sep-08 20:39:59

Hang on, are those arms 3/4 length? Cos that's just silly for a coat... isn't it?

JackieNo Fri 12-Sep-08 20:43:59

There do seem to be a few coats around atm with 3/4 length sleeves - might work if you're really petite, with short armsgrin. So are you after a trench type, or a woollen winter coat?

JackieNo Fri 12-Sep-08 20:45:07

Principles do a petite range.

Umlellala Fri 12-Sep-08 20:46:25

oh yeah, hadn't thought of that - am really tempted.

Ideally a 'proper' coat though...

JackieNo Fri 12-Sep-08 20:48:34

Debenhams have petite sizes too - including that Principles one cheaper than on the Principles websitehmm.

Jewelsandgems Fri 12-Sep-08 21:23:49

This is cute - Ted Baker usually on the petite side anyway

grey coat

red coat

~~Waves~~ at Umlellala from 2 under 3 support thread

lumpsdumps Fri 12-Sep-08 21:39:10

The reason that the coat is cheaper in debenhams is because they are having a couple mega days with 20% off. Will be full price within the next 48 hours.

Umlellala Fri 12-Sep-08 22:45:18

Jewels, that grey coat IS cute but £195 shock (and hello - have lost the thread, got to find again...)

JackieNo, thanks, have trawled through but nothing jumping out at me. Also not sure what suits.

Gonna go and try the Miss Selfridge one I think - everything else seems so booooring...

CostaRicanCod Fri 12-Sep-08 23:23:35

no way to that coat
willl make you look liek a small parcel

Umlellala Sat 13-Sep-08 09:53:26

grin
see now THAT'S what I need... so what sort of thing should I be looking for... am one of those people who looks better naked because I have no clue how to dress for my figure

CostaRicanCod Sat 13-Sep-08 09:58:21

somethign plain
no tie aroudn waist if norks
no empire line or gathering from bust
if oyu want different get a differetn colour.

Umlellala Sat 13-Sep-08 10:13:41

Easier said than done - everything seems to be BLACK... Could do a nice green or purple...

have actually seen a v nice one in <whispers> boden but no way can afford £175!

Umlellala Sat 13-Sep-08 10:52:00

~Ok, seeing lots of interesting coats now... but not in petite...
will have to try lots on i think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now