Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wedding outfit (as a guest) - is skirt and top acceptable?

(12 Posts)
cthea Fri 12-Sep-08 19:29:14

That's it, really, can I wear a skirt and top to a wedding? I haven't been at one in ages and I really can't remember what's the done thing.

bodiddly Fri 12-Sep-08 19:31:16

I do .. I know dresses are quite often the done thing but I usually wear a skirt and top or jacket ... that way I get more use from a wedding outfit!

singingtree Fri 12-Sep-08 19:33:04

Yes fine, I've often done that

cthea Fri 12-Sep-08 19:34:16

Oh, thanks. I don't know if I can get into any of my nice skirts, but to keep my options open when I go shopping tomorrow.

As regards colours - black and white are out, right?

PetitFilou1 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:34:38

yes - what bodiddly said

PetitFilou1 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:35:37

black is depressing
white could upset bride best to steer clear if possible

bodiddly Fri 12-Sep-08 19:35:40

I've worn black to a wedding ... and white come to think of it .. but certainly not head to toe

singingtree Fri 12-Sep-08 19:35:59

I don't know about that, I'm pretty sure I've been to weddings where people have worn mainly black or white outfits. Depends what sort of wedding it is I think

traceybath Fri 12-Sep-08 19:37:10

not black skirt and white top of you'll be mistaken for a waitress wink

not to all white but all black ok if accesorized well so you don't look like an extra from the godfather during a funeral scene!

dresses are easier imo as less to think about

cthea Fri 12-Sep-08 19:39:51

If I can get into any of my old dresses, that would be best. I have black and white polka dot ones (I love the pattern, I have quite a few). If I can't, i'll buy someting but thinking longer-term, so I can wear elsewhere, perhpas even at work.

PetitFilou1 Fri 12-Sep-08 19:40:02

oh just wear some colour and cheer everyone up !

cthea Fri 12-Sep-08 19:41:50

I have lots of pink and I can always dress the DDs colourfully too.

Funnily enough, I don;t see DH agonising over what he'll wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now