Talk

Advanced search

First night out since having DD3 - help me with an outfit please !

(21 Posts)
FoghornLeghorn Fri 12-Sep-08 13:58:57

I would like to wear a dress I think .... just going to bars in town so no-where fancy but am looking forward to making an effort and getting dressed up.

I'm 24, hope to be in a size 12 by the time I go out but possibly a 14 if things don't quite go to plan. Need killer heels too.

Go for it grin (links appreciated!)

FoghornLeghorn Fri 12-Sep-08 18:29:08

No seriously, I really do need help !

FoghornLeghorn Fri 12-Sep-08 19:34:41

OK, a sack it is then

JackieNo Fri 12-Sep-08 20:51:07

OK - which bits of yourself do you like, and which don't you like? Or is it all goodgrin?

JackieNo Fri 12-Sep-08 21:00:50

BLack, so safe, but maybe too boring. But could wear any colour killer heels with it.
Black with a bit of sparkle?
Cute
Bit more coverage?

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:17:19

I would go for black as well imo...Its a safe colour and a colour I fall back on often smile.

Killer heels..hmm...I have a pair of gil carvalho ones for sale in a goldish colour size 5. THEY ARE DEFINATLY KILLER HEELS grin.

Other than that, whats your price range..? What do you like to hide/show off..? What styles of dresses do you like.? Short, long,halterneck,strapless,straps..?

I would book a hairdressers appointment for your hair to be done on the day imo a trip to the hairdressers for a pamper always makes me feel a million dollars..smile.

If you go for black, imo irregular choice always have funky,devine,colourful shoes. Add a bit more colour..

Jewelsandgems Fri 12-Sep-08 21:18:03

little black dress?

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:23:57

WOW shock That is stunning...

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:26:06

worn with these in red

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:27:48

try again...don't think link worked hmm

here

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:30:15

bloody schuh..website is naff..angry.

Try here

shhhh Fri 12-Sep-08 21:30:19

bloody schuh..website is naff..angry.

Try here

FoghornLeghorn Wed 17-Sep-08 17:13:06

Sorry I didn't come back to this .... thought no-one wanted to help me grin

Right ...
Black Think this will look better on than in the pic so will try this on tomorrow when I go shopping

Black with sparkle Really like this one but I have biggish norks so would the neckline not be great for me ?

Cute - shows no link
Bit more coverage - Looks a bit nothingy, sorry !

Love the Ted Baker dress but think it's a bit too stunning for what I'm looking for.

Ok so what I like (or what's OKish) .... Boobs are good, Tum is defo not (still v. wobbly), thighs are biggish but calves are OK - was thinking of wearing tights anyway.

FoghornLeghorn Wed 17-Sep-08 17:28:41

What do we think about these -

Origami
Tease
bubble

FoghornLeghorn Wed 17-Sep-08 17:35:23

Beaded

not sue !

Seasider Wed 17-Sep-08 17:38:11

Tease is my fav. looks young in good way and really versatile and not ridiculously expensive.

Could wear with really bright opaque tights or tartan if you want to be really 'on trend'...

Tightsplease is good website.

Hope you have fun, bet you get merry on the mere whiff of alcohol, after DD2 I was like a care in the community case on my first night out!

FoghornLeghorn Wed 17-Sep-08 17:42:25

Thanks Seasider
I'm thinking with tease I could wear a chunky belt either coloured or maybe a pewter kind of colour as I've seen some lovely pewter heels.
Going shopping tomorrow whileDD1 at school so no bored moans from her andI get to try on to my hearts content !! Doesn't help that I loathe trying clothes on grin

Seasider Wed 17-Sep-08 19:02:27

Belt idea is very fashion forward (!)

Good Luck!

My tips: Put some make up on and have clean hair..! I forget that I look quite passable when I do this before trying on clothes!

Also wear the underwear you are likely to wear under it.

FoghornLeghorn Wed 17-Sep-08 20:06:04

Lol - magic knickers then ! grin

Will do with hair and make-up, good tip

shhhh Wed 17-Sep-08 20:35:46

yeah, get to the hairdressers for a pamper style...

I love the origami dress...

Spagblog Thu 18-Sep-08 18:49:08

Try for a dress that hits the knees, not above them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now