Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Wet Weather Gear For School Run

(11 Posts)
DanJARMouse Fri 12-Sep-08 13:47:38

Ok, I am now a school run mum, and im sick of getting wet!!!

Links to what is best for staying as dry as possible - in particular tips for solving the issue of bottoms of jeans getting soaked!

Fimbo Fri 12-Sep-08 13:50:45

You need a Berghaus jacket type thing. Try TK Maxx they usually have the same sort of thing at a fraction of the cost.

My solution to prevent jeans getting soaked at the bottom. Is to wear 3/4 length jeans with boots or wellies.

WilfSell Fri 12-Sep-08 13:50:56

roll them up and wear boots?

lots of rainproof coat threads lately - my new one is Landsend stadium squall.

DanJARMouse Fri 12-Sep-08 13:53:21

are wellies acceptable in the playground? I have a lovely pink pair blush

do deffo need a jacket though - next time in the next town, ill have a look in TK Maxx

Fimbo Fri 12-Sep-08 13:54:50

Wellies are very now.

DanJARMouse Fri 12-Sep-08 14:02:19

Lovely, well if this rain continues, at least I can warrant wearing the delightful pink wellies on the school run!

shortcircuit Fri 12-Sep-08 14:05:35

I too have raincoat problems, so following on from the raincoat with a hood thread, this has just arrived - www.tackandski.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=791 34.95 + P&P

<< waves to wilfself>> are you pleased with your new coat ?

If you wanna stay dry, I think ankle length is the only option, though I might have to have a stiff drink when I wear it for the first time wink )

Louise18 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:48:55

Re the raincoat above:

"The ladies Malvern is a full length, waterproof, check lined coat with a shoulder cape, leg straps...."

What are leg straps on a coat?!

TheNaughtiestGirlIsaMonitor Fri 12-Sep-08 18:18:44

I wanted to order the cloud mac in red from Boden and it's out of stock for 11 wks.

Will it still be raining in 11 weeks?!?!?

littlestrawberry Fri 12-Sep-08 19:03:00

LOL. I wondered about the leg straps too Louise. Can you walk in it ok shortcircuit? I'm actually thinking about getting oneblush Well its that or waterproof trousers. I think the coat might be the lesser of the two fashion disasters.

shortcircuit Fri 12-Sep-08 22:24:05

yes it's great. It *issed down as I was getting dd2 ready for the school run, so I had to wear it without the stiff drink. I coped. Fortunately by the time I got to the end of the road, there was no rain, so I took it off & draped it over the pushchair.

The leg straps are for horse riding (something I haven't down for over 10 years, but may reconsider now wink)

Actually, it's a decent coat, especially for the money

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: